There was a lot going on this week this week, so let’s get to it:
- Last week, I mentioned Energi Gal and I were going to have a Financial Day. The idea was that we were going to pour through our financials. Well we got through a portion of the financial planning. I was hoping I could get her finances in a spreadsheet like mine, but we didn’t get that far. I think it’s best to wait until the middle of next month as that’s when I do my monthly expenses. Then we’ll have things in sync and it will be a matter of just combining the spreadsheets to get a good total financial picture.
- Sometimes customer service surprises you. Earlier this week, I mentioned the mess I had getting my car repaired.Â Well, Mic’s Auto Body in Redwood City installed a new bumper today in 45 minutes – while I waited.Â I didn’t have to wait for a rental car or anything.Â They went as far as offering to pick up the car from work, but I figured I’d save them from that.Â So even though they had an accident in the first place, they went above and beyond and it’s why I’ll use them in the future.
- I have a pair of questions for you:
- I had mentioned the problem with my Treo 700P in the past. It’s a $600 phone, so if I had to replace it without the warranty, it would be expensive. I could buy insurance for around $7 a month, is it worth it? Simple math seems to suggest yes, but it’s a $50 deductable to get a new phone and I could probably pick one up on Ebay for much less than $600. It’s also been around for a year, so chances are a new model will come out in the next 6 months, making the current model I have cheaper.
- I didn’t realize that MLB and the cable companies came to a settlement, so I can now order all the Red Sox games for $160. Last year Energi Gal and I probably watched over 120 games. However with the games being on from 4PM to 7PM local time, I’ll be at work most evenings. So should I get it or not? What would you do?