It’s time for another review of articles that I liked this past week. Unfortunately, I’m about two weeks behind in my feed reader, so I’m going to have to go off of memory of sites that I visit often enough.
- My first favorite article is a compilation of the best frugal financial advice. It’s an ambitious article, but it succeeds.
- Binary Dollar has an article about Lowering student loans, but saving interest using automatic payments. I lucked myself into a sweet scholarship, avoiding student loans, but if I hadn’t I would be doing this.
- Generation X Finance writes about misrepresenting purchases with your spouse. I misrepresent purchases with Energi Gal all the time. It’s a fun game we play ;-).
- Money Smart Life has an article reminding us to always ask for a discount. I have used the business discount in the past. I’m not sure it’s altogether honest, but my company was partially owned by AOL, so I tossed the name out there. I don’t stay in hotels that often, but it’s probably worked more than 50% of the time in a very small sample size.
- Money, Matter, and more Musings details all the tricks of the Milk Bottle Carnival game. I was at the Santa Cruz boardwalk yesterday and of course they had the milk bottle game. I didn’t play realizing that it was rigged against me. Plus, my little league coached told me that I don’t have the best control.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary has an article about taxes. I was a little surprised not to find Nevada in the least taxes rate. I hadn’t done a lot of research there, but there’s no state tax and I hear that property tax is low. The casino’s must not be paying high wages. I also expected to see Massachusetts and California in the most taxed places, but since the average person makes more maybe it doesn’t show up.