You may have heard, but there’s going to be some new commercials coming on television tomorrow night. Rumor has it Fox will break them up with a football game. I’m not one to miss commercial, so I’ll endure the football game.
As the title mentioned, I’ll be rooting for the underdogs. Here are some of the underdogs I will support:
– A quarterback who was drafted in the 6th round (Tom Brady).
– A receiver who had to fight his way just to make the college team and went undrafted in the pros (Wes Welker – must read for sports fans)
– A defensive player who was undrafted and unwanted in Pittsburgh (Mike Vrabel)
– An undrafted professional wrestler (Stephen Neal)
– An 8th round draft pick possibly playing his last game after a career of star performance at offense, defense, and special team (Troy Brown).
One prediction from me, I don’t think the game will be as close as Vegas expects… and Vegas doesn’t expect it to be that close.
I’ll finish this introduction by expressing what I hope will be my biggest disappointment of the week. Costco sells ready-bake pizzas in three varieties – pepperoni, meat lovers, and margarita (a weird tomato slice and Parmesan cheese topping). I’m sure all are wonderful. However, you need to offer a plain cheese pizza if you are planning a party.
Onto the links:
I wrote an article for Prosper.com’s Blog. If I had written it here, it may have been one of my more popular articles. I wrote how to fight back against rising costs of living.
The Sun’s Financial Diarty updates his passive income.
The Digerati Life writes about the simplest investment portfolio.
No Credit Needed reminds everyone (but I’ll take it as personal advice) that personal finance requires a balance.
Ever wonder how to make 3 billion dollars in a year? Free Money Finance readers don’t wonder that anymore.
I agree with Mighty Bargain Hunter, that it’s best to grow up at your own pace. I’m still a kid.
Llama Money writes about a personal journey through financial ruin.