On Friday, I took one for the team and went with my wife to the New Kids on The Block Edition. Normally, I wouldn’t mind too much, but I had to give up seeing the end of the Red Sox playoff game. When you watch something around 120 regular season games, you kind of want to watch the playoff games. Anyway, the New Kids played all their cheesy boy band songs while I text messaged anyone and everyone I could think of to pass the time.
If you’re a New Kid fan, I’m sure you thought it was great. I have to give them a little credit for pulling off a strong 15 minute finale. They pulled out the Boston Celtics on the large screen (completely unexpected when you are in San Jose). They followed that up with Queen’s We Will Rock You and transitioned into Hanging Tough. I didn’t think I’d be excited by the time Hanging Tough came on, but I have to admit, they finally worked the crowd.
The other notable part of the concert was that with a 100:1 girl to guy ratio, it would have been a good place to pick someone up. For me though, the ratio just meant that I had a 100 person bathroom to myself.
Anyway, here are some links while I turn my attention to the Patriots-Chargers game.
- Here are 7 mistakes not to make in a crisis written by Brip Blap.
- Generation X Finance says children are becoming prime identity theft targets!
- Doctor salaries – not as high as you think explains Million Dollar Journey.
- Here are some envelope budget system strategies to take on the road by Frugal Dad.
- Digerati Life presents this guide on how to get free credit scores, myFICO credit scores on discount.
- Career advice to help you get ahead & feel good about it over at Money Smart Life is full of great tips.
- My Dollar Plan looks at the impact of marriage and divorce on your finances.
- Five Cent Nickel writes FDIC insurance limits increased to $250k.
- Don’t miss ten ways to visualize $10 trillion by Might Bargain Hunter.
- Free Money Finance talks about how I cut expenses if I need to (and how you can to).
ABCs of Investing says
Wow, that sounds like a scene right out of Good Will Hunting. Oh well – you gotta do what you gotta do right? :)
Matt @ MyFinancialRecovery says
Ouch… I would rather eat shards of broken glass than go to a New Kids on the Block concert and missing the Red Sox for it… I couldn’t imagine.