My wife and I went to Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago and spent a little time in Disneyland. One of the most interesting things I saw was a High School Musical 2 stage that was on wheels. It would come rolling through the park 2-3 times a day and put on a 30-45 minute show at the front of the park. A group of teenagers/young adults would jump off the stage and perform songs from High School Musical. It’s all very good, and it was a fine show.
As my wife was grooving along to the music, I immediately wondered if we were going to be put on some national list. We’re a 30+ couple with no children hanging out at High School Musical show in Disneyland. I kept looking over my shoulder for Chris Hansen. As I was looking over my shoulder, I noticed Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto pacing back and forth looking for child to high-five or take a picture with. I nudged my wife to show her and she wisely surmised, “When was the last time he was in a movie?” It took me awhile to think about it and came up empty. Looking it up later, it seems he hasn’t been doing much film work since 1953, mostly focusing on some Christmas specials. I should probably grant the 80-year old mouse a little slack, but I’m starting to think he’s lazier than me.
Anyway, here are some personal finance links from The Money Writers this week.
- Stock market diversification works! The proof presented this week by Digerati Life is an excellent post on investment portfolios.
- Do you do any of the top 12 money mistakes most people make? Generation X Finance writes #11 being naive hinders you””educate yourself.
- Not keeping a budget was another one of the top 12 mistakes but Google Can Help. This post by the Sun’s Financial Diary is a look at Google’s personal monthly budget.
- Brip Blap posts on how to give money to charity . Financial, goods, time? Look for qualified charities that are tax deductible!
- What are the the top 10 exchange-traded funds ? Do you know? Money Smart Life does.
- Peak oil or oil bubble? – the oil bubble argument by Million Dollar Journey reveals that demand for oil is up 2% while supply is up 2.5%. What does this mean?
- Have you ever been in a sticky situation where you didn’t know how much to tip? My Dollar Plan poses several situations. Do you know the answer?
And some more from those outside The Money Writers.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter says you can earn free Visa gift cards for searching the web ! Scour search engine runs on points and allows users to vote sites up and down that show up in the search results.
- For NCN it is time to request a withdrawal from my Upromise account . Read more to learn how to do it.
- Five Cent Nickel had two posts I was particularly interested in reading the first was twelve great resources for buying smart and the second was the Federal minimum wage: looking back over time also shown in inflation 2008 dollars and in terms of buying power.