This weekend my wife and I did a lot of cleaning in preparation for having The Digerati Life and Stop Buying Crap over for a game of Settlers of Catan. I think we spent 8 hours each day in preparation. I would like to say we split the work 50-50, but my wife probably did more than me. Instead of the usual 90-10 split though, it was probably closer to 60-40, so I’m getting a little better. Plus, I kind of think my wife likes to clean. It sounds crazy, but I actually have been searching online for bleach-smelling cologne – if they make such a thing.
You see when it comes to having people over my wife is like Marshall and Lily from How I Met Your Mother. If you don’t watch the show (you should be), after an over the top entertaining party the main characters created a video and a website about it.
Here’s the making of the video. It’s not the one from the show (as I couldn’t find it), but imagine a montage of pictures of the website above:
Poor Silicon Valley Blogger and Cap don’t know what they are going to be walking into.
Later on today, I hope to post the details of my wife’s homemade frugal hummus recipe. It will save you bundle if you plan to use it to attack your mayor.
For now, let’s get to the links:
- Brip Blap writes about how to make yourself an expert.
- Digerati Life posts on the national unemployment statistics: job losses at record highs.
- Frugal Dad asks about investing in gold ““ is now the right time?
- Generation X Finance shares a list of the best things to buy in the fall ““ find the biggest discounts and sales on these items this fall.
- Million Dollar Journey gives tips for buying and selling on Kijiji (or Craigslist).
- Money Smart Life asks what was the best $100 you’ve ever spent?
- My Dollar Plan tells readers about 10 surprising things you can turn into cash.
- Sun’s Financial Diary says 2010 401(k) contribution limit won’t be adjusted.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance posts about another broke and unhappy lottery winner.
- Bank Saver asks should you get branded retail credit cards?
- My 1st Million At 33 asks time to change your auto insurance company?
- Get Rich Slowly says pay yourself first.
- Saving Advice writes spend now to save in the future.
- Blogging Away Debt shares ways to get by while on unemployment –
- Rich Credit Debt Loan blogs track your money with Excel.
- Moolanomy offers up 25 frugal Halloween costumes.
- All Financial Matters says your 401(k) might be better off than you think.
- One Frugal Girl saved over $1000 on groceries so far this year.
- My Money Blog shares thoughts about bailouts and bonuses.
- Enough Wealth asks will the AUD be worth more than the USD?