Valentine’s Day Contest
I thought I’d remind everyone that my Valentine’s Day Contest ends Monday at 11:59. Share some good frugal tips there and if you are lucky you’ll have a $20 Ebay or Amazon gift certificate (your choice). Right now you have approximately a 1 in 10 chance of winning $20 – not too shabby.
Regular readers know that I’m a big fan of the pretty much anything Joss Whedon does (though especially Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly/Serenity). After a three year break from anything that you would have seen, he returns this Friday with a new show on Fox called Dollhouse. Whedon won’t admit it, but the Friday, 9PM time slot on Fox is pretty much the death slot – not even Jessica Alba and James Cameron could carry it with Dark Angel. I know some of you might not be science fiction fans – and Joss Whedon definitely does science fiction. However, it’s science fiction in the way that Harry Potter is – a mechanism to tell an intriguing story with interesting characters. If you get a chance, I suggest you tune in or just DVR it this Friday.
The last three or four times I went to a restaurant that had ordered a soda that was all you can drink. Whenever the waiter or waitresses offers me a new soda, she takes the old one away – even if it’s not finished. So I go from having soda to not having soda – sometimes for a few minutes. I realize they are just refilling the glass I have, but I kind of wish they’d put me in a two glass rotation so I didn’t have to wait. The one I’m drinking stays until the next one is delivered. It’s a small thing, so that’s why I call it a pet peeve. Anyone else share this?
Enough complaining… this isn’t Grumpy Man and Money. Here are the links for this week:
- Brip Blap posts how I made a courageous decision to become an entrepreneur.
- Frugal Dad explains Diversifying Beyond Asset Allocation.
- Thinking about buying a car? Here are 5 Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make When Buying a Car by Generation X Finance.
- Million Dollar Journey asks Can You Invest Solely in ETF’s?
- Digerati Life revisits the idea of living within your means in Are You Earning More or Spending Less? Plus Helpful Financial Guides.
- Money Smart Life presents 7 Things Your Insurance Company or Agent Won’t Tell You.
- My Dollar Plan says $15,000 Home Buyer Tax Credit is Possible!
- The Sun’s Financial Diary talks on Free Business & Finance Courses Online.
More Financial Posts:
- Mighty Bargain Hunter wonders Why do frugality tips suck so badly?
- Free Money Finance posts Safeguard #3: Insist on Publicly Priced and Traded Investments.
- Job Hunting Costs Are Tax Deductible says Bargaineering.