Even though it has lost a lot of buying power over the years, many people consider having a net worth of a million dollars a significant achievement. Today, I’d like to examine some of the common ways that people become millionaires.
5. Marry Rich – This was the route that brought Anna Nicole Smith much of her fame and fortune followed. Unfortunately, it probably won’t make you happy, which is probably your goal.
4. Be Extraordinarily Talented – Many sports players, musicians, and other entertainers follow this path to success. Unfortunately, you generally have to be in the top .00001 of talent level or…
3. Be Extraordinarily Lucky – Sometimes the talent in #4 isn’t enough. There are a lot of starving artists who are more talented than Biz Markie – yet Biz has likely made millions from a single song. Or perhaps you can go the lottery winning route. Unfortunately, for all the rabbits’ feet and four-leaf clovers I have, I am still far away from being a millionaire.
2. Perform some Crazy Stunts – It seemed to work for Jackass star Johnny Knoxville and even SuperSize Me star Morgan Spurlock. Or perhaps you could trade one red paper clip for a million dollars. Unfortunately these all require quite a bit of luck, creativity, and a high tolerance to withstand pain and/or physical and verbal abuse.
1. Read and follow all five of the principles at GenX Finance. This requires a little discipline, but very little luck, very little pain, very little talent, and very little creativity. I think we have a winner.
There are more ways that aren’t on this list – including The Digerati Life’s tips on how to be a millionaire. For instance, starting a company is another very common way. However, I’m limited to just 5 for the Top 5 Group Writing Project.