Although many people realize that smoking is bad for your health, few realize just how big of an impact it can have on your wallet. If you are finding it difficult to quit smoking the following information may just change your mind. This may also be the reason why people are making the switch to vaping (Go to www.davincivaporizer.com to check it out) with those handheld vaporizers because of the savings you can get. Let’s take a look at just how expensive smoking can be:
- The actual cost of cigarettes – Thanks to cigarette taxes and the higher prices of tobacco, cigarettes are more expensive than ever. If you are on a budget this can easily eat away at your monthly expenses. Even if you are purchasing budget cigarettes, the price is still quite high. When you figure that the average pack costs at least three dollars you can easily spend more than $90 a month if you smoke a pack a day.
- The cost of smoking has on your health insurance – Whether or not you are currently covered by a health insurance policy you may not realize you are actually paying more for the privilege of being a smoker. Health insurance companies charge an additional percentage for smokers and depending on how high your premium is this can add up very quickly. In fact you can end up spending an extra $200 a month just because you smoke.
- The toll smoking takes on your daily life – If you’ve been smoking for several years, chances are, you may find it difficult to take part in many daily activities. Whether it’s chasing your kids around, or a long trek to the parking lot, after time the damage the smoking does to your lungs can make these activities nearly impossible. You may find yourself avoiding these activities and as such avoiding much of life.
- The cost of smoking related health problems – Perhaps the most obvious cost of smoking is the money that you will pay to repair the damage you’ve inflicted on yourself. Whether it’s continuous respiratory infections caused by irritated lung passages, or even cancer, the costs for these health procedures are immense. When you add this to the amount of money you’re already paying in increased health insurance premiums it is clear that smoking can be incredibly expensive.
- The cost to quit smoking – The smoking cessation industry brings in millions of dollars every year. It is big business to try to help people kick this habit that can be very difficult to break. Whether you are paying for prescription medication to help you stop smoking, or you are trying natural methods such as hypnotism, these all can be expensive.
These are just a few examples of how smoking can impact not only your health but also your wallet. Even know many of us do understand that smoking is harmful, it can be difficult to put that pack away. While quitting smoking can be costly as illustrated above, when you compare it to the other expenses you may be facing in the future, it can be considered a very solid investment. Quitting smoking is not easy but perhaps this information about just how much it can cost you will help you find the motivation to kick the habit.
For more health tips that may save your life as well as your wallet, visit Lazy Man and Health.