For many people, this morning marks the start of a new year. I was reminded of that this morning when I noticed the C-level cast of the Today Show is gone and the regulars are back. Like most people with New Year’s Resolutions or goals for the new year, I’m pumped to get a lot done this year.
I found some unexpected motivation yesterday. I picked up a local Homes and Land and looked at homes in Hillsborough, CA… a city near me in Silicon Valley. If you haven’t heard of Hillsborough before, its reputation is built on being the most expensive city to live in the United States. That data was a couple of years back, and may no longer be accurate, but let’s just say that its not unusual to see 10 million dollar homes. Well, I found one home in it for just a shade under $2 million… quite a bargain for amenities like and indoor and outdoor pool. I think I’d have be making Tom Brady money before I’d actually buy a $2 million dollar home… I much more treasure the ability to put money away and enjoy the financial freedom to wake up and say, “What do I want to do today?” However, the picture of the home is going on the refrigerator. It is much easier to visualize the mansion than “financial freedom” and it is worth more than 1,000 words in motivation.
While I’m out building my empire, enjoy these links.
- Brip Blap writes on charity for Russian children.
- Digerati Life goes over how to set up a personal financial calendar. Get organized for the year!
- Frugal Dad discusses how to appeal your property taxes.
- Generation X Finance on how to shop for fitness equipment this New Year.
- Million Dollar Journey gives a net worth update Dec 2010 (+1.87%) ““ year end summary.
- Money Smart Life asks what is a good credit score worth?
- My Dollar Plan posts 6 people you can’t afford to lie to.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary with tips for investing in penny stock market.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance posts why (and how) some people succeed in business without getting an MBA.
- Smarter Wallet blogs about a teen’s first credit card: tips for the new card user.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter writes one more time: retirement has nothing to do with age.
- Darwin’s Finance says companies are hiring overseas – so what are you gonna do about it?
- Money Cone writes on unconventional income from uncommon stocks ““ royalty trusts.
- Green Panda Tree House shares resume tips for recent college graduates.
- Christian PF presents 10 things people waste money on.
- Ready to be Rich shares why business credit card debt is always risky.