I’ve had a bad cold the last few days. Then again, I can’t remember when I’ve had a good cold. Either way, it’s sucked out my desire to do much of anything. Ever be really bored, but at the same time not feeling like doing something? That’s me over the last few days.
I have been a little spendy lately. Yesterday Major League Baseball tickets went on sale. Being a Red Sox fan living near Oakland, my wife and I were able to get some prime tickets in the first two minutes they came on sale. It’s light and day compared to when I lived in Boston and had to call for three hour for any tickets (getting shut out). The equivalent tickets in Fenway would probably have cost $150-200. Fortunately the Red Sox are only coming to town for three games this year.
Then yesterday, I used Craigslist to pick up this Weber Genesis Propane Gas Grill. It was brand new sealed in the box and only $300 – a savings of some $450 dollars. (And I spent most of today putting it together instead of publishing this post.
- Frugal people focus too much on the outgo says Frugal Dad.
- Learn how to file your taxes for free – free tax software and e-file at Generation X Finance.
- Million Dollar Journey presents 8 fundamental money lessons for kids.
- Digerati Life talks about how trading stocks can make you poor: reasons why stock traders lose money.
- Money Smart Life writes 2008 federal tax brackets explained.
- My Dollar Plan declares I refuse to pay fees to change my name!
- 2009 bank failures: three and counting; learn more over at the Sun’s Financial Diary.
- Brip Blap blogs more on meeting my 2008 financial goals.
More Finance Posts:
- Mighty Bargain Hunter asks Upset that your credit card company changed the rules?
- Free Money Finance tells how Amex Took Care of Me When My Card Number Was Stolen.
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity posts should you take a low paying job.