Today, I’m focused on three thoughts.
- In a few hours, I’ll probably be partaking of more calories in one meal than I should have in a whole day… or two days. Many of you will probably do the same.
- Having spent some 90%+ of my life in Boston, I’m a New England Patriots fan. As a New England Patriots fan, my heart is with New Orleans. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right? It’s not too hard to root for them. Having been a Red Sox fan for some time, I understand a bit what New Orleans fans are going through. Add to that, what they’ve been through the last 5+ years and I’m one of the least conflicted fans around.
- However, my head says that the Colts will likely win today. The team is so talented that they really only need to put together 10 minutes of solid playing time to put up 21 to 24 points. Then again I guess New Orleans can do that as well. Still, I’m not one to bet against Manning. My prediction is that the Colts win 38-31.
Here are the some personal finance links for this weekend:
- The Sun’s Financial Diary is also having a giveaway. You could win a compound interest calculator iPhone app.
- Brip Blap talks about our debt to the future and past.
- Digerati Life says be vigilant of car recalls: lessons for car owners.
- Ben of Money Smart Life has three Turbo Tax codes to giveaway to lucky readers. More details: Free Turbo Tax Software!.
- Frugal Dad blogs about a reader’s credit troubles in we owe $80,000 on credit cards ““ where to start?
- Generation X Finance posts how to avoid and prepare for a tax audit by the IRS.
- Million Dollar Journey says beware of the upsell!
- My Dollar Plan says you can throw a 50th wedding anniversary on a budget.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance shares the following guest post: why I report my daughter’s babysitting income to the IRS.
- Is the Economy Improving? Views from Everyday Folks
- Smart Money Daily gives 9 Reasons Dave Ramsey Hates HELOCs.
- Get Rich Slowly share this reader tip: Pay your bills as they arrive.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter warns used clothes washers aren’t great deals for everyone.
- Saving Advice explains the difference between living below and within your means.
- Frugal For Life blogs the lay off notice, shock and recover.
- Suburban Dollar shares 3 websites that save me money.
- Wise Bread offers 10 budget-friendly ways to get it right this Valentine’s Day and beyond.
- The Smarter Wallet looks into peer to peer lending sites: Lending Club vs Prosper vs Kiva.