As a subscriber of pop music band’s Weezer’s newsletter, I occasionally get an e-mail about news that is going on in Weezerland. They don’t send too many e-mails out, probably only one every six months or so. When they come, they are genuinely a good read. So when I got one this Friday, I had to check it out. They put their new upcoming song and video on YouTube. Imagine giving away your product for free… people who do that must be crazy…
The video was one of the best I’ve seen in some time. When I first saw it only around 200,000 people have seen it, but now it’s nearing 3 million… Have a look:
If you don’t recognize some of the famous faces reprising their roles, you need to spend more time on YouTube. Or you can read ValleyWag’s behind the video. It’s amazing to me that they got all the celebrities together lipsyncing the song. Good marketing guys… not to the links…
- Brip Blap has announced a new carnival… the The Carnival of Careers.
- Do you find yourself spending money on useless things every month? Over at My Dollar Plan learn how to turn your wasted money into a debt reduction plan.
- Money Smart Life this week talks about identity theft tips. Learn how to protect yourself both on the internet and through hard copy.
- Fess up, who has used their 401K as an emergency fund? Now 4 reasons why your retirement account is NOT an emergency fund as written by Million Dollar Journey.
- Generation X Finance posts 67 year old advised by accountant to not enroll in 401k – should he find a new accountant? What do you think?
- Is Investing In Rental Property A Good Move? The post by Digerati Life explains cash flow and what it takes to be a landlord.
- Be smart on your wallet and smart on your health. Bike shops like high gas prices as reported by Free Money Finance this week. Have you dusted off your bicycle to combat those $4 a gallon prices?
- NCN figures out the amount of gas and how much it will cost them to drive to the vacation condo in to the condo estimates. Now take that formula and apply it to the places you go. How much do you spend to go to work? To the grocery store? To take your kid to soccer practice?
- It’s crazy! Pay $15 for gas now or is it? Mighty Bargain Hunter recommends putting triple your cost of gas into a piggy bank you aren’t tempted to touch because $15 gas and gas rationing is just around the corner. I say just buy gas and oil stocks, so you get rich as the price goes up.