It’s been close to 6 months since I put Lazy Man and Health into hiatus. With a new dog and a job, something had to give, and it was that. However, as I shift to a more blogging-oriented income, I might be looking revive it. What better way to dip my toe in those waters than by highlighting a few of the health products on Amazon’s Friday Sale. Usually Amazon gives me a few wacky products to work with, but the pickings there were a little slim.
- O2 Innovations Personal Oxygen Bar – This was a no-brainer for pick of the week. I mean my own fresh oxygen supply? How can you beat that? Plus didn’t Michael Jackson sleep in some kind of oxygen bed in the 1980’s? And that worked out for… ummm… nevermind.
- Alli 170 Pill Refill – I had written about Alli before. This isn’t a great savings – only $10. However, what other over-the-counter, FDA-approved weight-loss pill do you have to choose from? With no competition it’s a surprise they’d put it on sale at all.
- Microplane Foot Buffer Orb – This is the generic version of the As Seen on TV product, the Ped Egg, right? Well I’ve heard that the Ped Egg gets outstanding reviews, so maybe dropping $9 on this isn’t a bad risk.
- Microlife Strapless Heart Rate Monitor Wrist Watch – If you are going to begin a new running workout plan, it seems to me that this $40 wristwatch could be good insurance against a heart attack. Also potentially good insurance – Enteric Coated Baby Aspirin – just see your doctor about it first.
Bonus Tools Section
My new site, How To Fix got jealous with the attention that Lazy Man and Health was getting and thought you should take note of these special handyman Amazon Friday Sale deals.
- Custom LeatherCraft 30-Pocket 24-Inch Roller Tote Bag – My attention is piqued by anything 67% off it’s retail price. However, this is the kind of thing that I’ve been looking for. My toolbox has little shelves that you have pull out to get to what you want. This is just reach in the pocket and go. What can I say, I’m Lazy.
- Makita 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless FM/AM Job Site Radio – I’m somewhat amazed by all the things you can get powered by those 18-volt batteries from companies like Makita and Coleman. Next to a “Dust Buster” vacuum that actually works, this seems to be one of the best ideas yet. I’ve got something similar in a Tivoli Audio PAL AM/FM Radio as a gift and it’s great. I’m bringing it to Aruba with us to hook up to an iPod for music all vacation long.
Non-Friday Sale Deal
I just noticed that Amazon put my beloved Palm Pre on sale for only $99 with a service plan. That puts it on the price point of Apple 3G which makes it darn competitive according to this research from Interpret (PDF).