My wife got a cholesterol test yesterday. We’ve known that she’s had high cholesterol in the past, but this was off the charts bad. As some people know, the ratio of good to bad cholesterol is also important. Unfortunately this number isn’t on her side either. I’ve spent the morning researching what can be done to improve her numbers. Sadly, she’s doing a lot of the recommended things already. I did get a few ideas to ask the doctor about – one of which will be increasing her garlic intake.
While I’m studying, enjoy these links:
- My article about Sarah Michelle Geller was highlighted at Smart Spending.
- You can read an original Lazy Man and Money article at the Prosper Blog – the one I wrote this week is about investing vs. trading.
- The Digerati Life is slashing her budget as she leaves her day job. This should sound familiar to long time Lazy Man readers.
- Jeremy is redefining risk as he investigates how risky your investments are.
- Money Smart Life has some peer lending lessons from the dating world.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary notes that identity theft tops consumer complaints. There’s little surprise here, people hate when they are robbed and have little recourse of getting their money back.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter talks about you can speed the process of listing items on Ebay. Since it takes me forever to list something this is extremely helpful.
- No Credit Needed asks what one area of my personal finance management needs improvement. I need to automate things a little more than I currently do.
- Free Money Finance says that new car depreciation can be high. This should surprise no one.
- MoneyNing is giving away $1500 starting March 1st. I recommend you don’t enter his contest – this way I have a better chance of winning.
- While on the topic of giveaways, Upstart Blogger is giving away a MacBook Air. The site has been around since 2004, but is really ramping up the writing this year. If you really like underscores and a titles after you read content, this site may be for you.