For many people it might be a little early for spring cleaning. However, the weather in northern California has a been spring-like (except for today), so I’ve been pouring through projects.
One of the projects that I mentioned over a year ago, was “Free” Lifetime Phone Service for $150. I had been procrastinating on getting Ooma, because I wasn’t sure if the service was truly trustworthy. However, after reading the billionth positive review and seeing it on Woot, I took the plunge. It sat on my kitchen table for a month, but this weekend I got it set up. I’m using a temporary number now, but in a few weeks, my Vonage number should port over to it. It’s a savings of about $15 a month, so it should pay for itself in 10 months. The downside is that my Vonage was also my router, so I moved from 802.11n back down to my old 802.11g. I’m going to be asking for a 802.11n for my birthday at the end of the month. I’m torn between this Medialink one and this D-Link one. The D-Link one has Gigabit Ethernet, but I don’t think I’d get a lot of use from that feature. It’s ratings are also pretty average with a bunch of 1 stars. The Medialink is cheaper and more highly rated, but only 150 Mbps, which should be fine for anything that I’d use it for. I’m heavily leaning towards the Medialink one.
In other news, I made a bit of a swap with my wife today. I got her iTunes library on her HTC Evo and she wrote me a little song about personal finance. I’m thinking about a Tuesday publishing for it. Keep your eyes peeled for it. I also have a controversial article outlined in my head, working up the courage to put it
paper blog. Lastly, if you don’t see articles from me on any given day, check out the comments on my MonaVie, Nerium, and One24 posts. The distributors attempting to scam the public are relentless.
In the meantime, here are some links to busy.
- Brip Blap on making overseas experience count.
- Digerati Life asks did the Google content farm update snare your site?
- Frugal Dad presents 12 frugal apps that make it hip to be square.
- Generation X Finance shares 529 Plan benefits are not just for kids.
- Million Dollar Journey blogs on income splitting and permanent life insurance.
- Money Smart Life goes over credit score improvements.
- My Dollar Plan asks have you made a low ball offer?
- The Sun’s Financial Diary writes invest in food ETFs as food prices reach record high.
Top PF Posts:
- My Journey to Millions says start a side hustle now, it’s easier than you think.
- Smarter Wallet talks about IM Report Card: earn while you learn about work-at-home opportunities.
- Free Money Finance posts and yet another example of paycheck to paycheck living.
- About hosts Family Finance Carnival.
- Endless Gibberish on how to make thousands of dollars with the Chase AARP credit card promotion.
- Debt Free 4 Ever asks gasoline prices: how high will they go?
- Credit writes up Fox & Friends: how to boost your credit score.
- Mortgaged Future posts Americans stubbornly deny all time high in personal income.
- Sweating the Big Stuff says it never hurts to ask for a discount.
- Trees Full of Money goes over 5 of the most unused employee benefits.
- Own the Dollar explains what Foursquare has taught me about my budget.