I mentioned earlier this week that we are looking to buy a second home. Our agent said that it was going to be a marathon and he wasn’t joking. We spent 16 hours a day looking at houses. When we weren’t driving in a car, we were searching websites. If we had time to catch a bite (usually the first chance at lunch came it at around 3PM), we’d talk about what we’ve seen and what our thoughts are on the homes.
We found a place that we liked enough to put an offer on. We’ve negotiated three rounds and have our final bid out there now. We’ll see how it goes. This week expect a heavy focus on articles about the roller coaster of house hunting. While I sleep for the next 3 days, catch up these personal finance links:
- Brip Blap posts how to take time off from work.
- Digerati Life presents best cheap date ideas for Valentine’s Day romantics.
- Frugal Dad says the war on debt: the battle begins at home.
- Generation X Finance gives 5 frugal ways to spend Valentine’s Day.
- Million Dollar Journey shares a primer on Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF) terminology.
- Money Smart Life talks about comparing auto insurance quotes online.
- My Dollar Plan shares 8 ways to maximize Discover Card cash rewards.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary says not all target date funds are created equal.
Top PF Posts:
- One Frugal Girl asks are you afraid to talk about money?
- Mighty Bargain Hunter gives five ways to pay down your mortgage without betting it all on Green Bay.
- Midlife Beginnings discusses transitions.
- Smarter Wallet explains why you need a shopping budget.
- Len Penzo dot Com writes a layoff story: the ant, the grasshopper, the honeybee & COBRA
- Frugal For Life says I have fantastic credit scores ““ but –
- Financial Freedumb and Brownie says finally got my own place! Lessons learned.
- Be Better Now offers several great ideas and ways to save money on Valentine’s Day.
- Free Money Finance on how to test-drive retirement.