Some things in life are quite expensive. Here are some ways to save money on golf
This article was submitted by the Golf Ball Driver, author of rss feed). He strongly believes in discount golf balls. If you like the guest post please check out his website and consider subscribing to his rss feed.
Golf is a passion for many, but it can also be a very expensive hobby. If you are looking for ways to indulge your love of this sport and still have money left over, there are some great ways that you can cut costs.
- Do your shopping at a online discount golf pro shop. While on-course pro shops usually have a pretty good selection and they are very convenient, there is definitely a price for that convenience. You can save a lot of money on golf clubs
- Look for specials on a course’s website. This is one of the easiest ways to save money on greens fees, but many players overlook it. Before you book your next tee time at your favorite course, take a look at their website and see if they are offering any specials. Most courses will offer monthly specials, but they may not let you know right off the bat. By taking the time to take a quick look at their website, you may be able to get a sizable discount on your next green fee.
- Purchase used golf balls. This is another easy way to get a great deal without sacrificing quality. You can find some terrific prices on used golf balls from designer brands and most will provide you with many rounds before they give out. This is ideal for those that are still learning the ropes and have a tendency to dunk their golf balls in the nearest water hazard. When shopping for used golf balls, make sure that there are no dents or cracks since this can impact how well they will perform.
- Check out stay and play packages. Many hotels and resorts now offer stay and play packages for local courses. If you are planning a trip and would like to get in a little golf, this is a great way to save on fees. In many cases, you can not only get a reduction on your green fees, but your lodging costs will also be reduced.
- Take advantage of yearly packages. Most golf courses will offer a package deal where you can purchase full access for an entire year at a reduced rate. This is usually best for those that golf regularly. To see if this would be a good deal for you, add up how much you would normally spend on a year’s worth of green fees. If it’s more than the package deal, take advantage of that savings.
These are just a few ways that you can easily save money on golf. You can also take advantage of twilight specials on many courses, or get a group discount if you play with several friends. Golf doesn’t have to be expensive and with these great money saving tips, you can enjoy it even more.
Photo Credit: Fevi Yu