Financially, I feel I couldn’t me less organized right now. I haven’t done my net worth in a few months. Haven’t asked the wife to do hers in much longer. I also need to look over the cash flow of my web-based business (this website being a sizable component of that), which I haven’t done in the last 2-3 months. I’m hoping that after the long weekend, I can start to finish that up.
Also on the to-do list is to set up an SEP-IRA for last year (I’m looking at you Fidelity). It will be interesting to look at more traditional investments for the first time in a while as I’ve been doing more investing in my businesses. I know I’m going to go with index mutual funds or exchange traded funds to broadly diversify with minimal expenses, but for fun, I will at least look at some blue chips. I don’t know why, but I love to tempt myself.
With that quick financial update out-of-the-way, here are some of the non-financial thoughts I’ve had lately.
- I’ve been spending more time on my MonaVie Scam website. With the help of a few other dedicated people, more and more reasons why it’s a scam keep popping up.
- I didn’t mind the Super Bowl halftime show as much as most people. Yes, The Who is old, and yes they’ve lost a lot on their fastball. However, when I hear the song, my brain kind of fills in the gap between what they are now and what they were. Also, I heard some radio station saying that most people can’t even name a song The Who sing. If you can’t name at least 5 songs The Who sing, I can never talk music with you. And if one of those songs is “Teenage Wasteland…” *sigh*
- I realize that the Super Bowl is being really, really careful not to invite people who might have wardrobe malfunctions, but they are probably going to be running out of artists soon. You’d probably think that the wardrobe malfunction is the most amazing thing to happen on live television during a halftime of the Patriots game, but Joe Namath’s drunken “I wanna kiss you” interview with Suzy Kolber is up there. Those are the only two times I can recall literally fell out of my seat in my life.
- While on the topic of football, I’ve already anointed Janell Wheeler as the winner of American Idol this season. I think they should just cut everyone else on the next show and just name her the winner. Perhaps they can give everyone else a parting gift and invite them back next year. How is Ms. Wheeler related to football? Google her and you’ll find she’s linked to Florida star Tim Tebow.
- In the last two weeks, I’ve become much more portable. I bought an extended battery the Aspire One that I got pre-Black Friday sale. The new battery set me back $40, but it also seems to give me 9-10 hours of juice (though I haven’t put it to the full-test yet). I also bought an extended battery for my Palm Pre. It cost around $20, but lasts twice as long as the battery that came with the phone. I can get very close two days on a full charge now. Thank you Ebay.
- While on the topic the Palm Pre, I can’t figure out why more people don’t buy one. Sprint has really cheap plans. Looks like the only competition should be the Nexus One on T-mobile. I realize it was limited to Sprint which might not work for everyone due to coverage. For those people, Verizon may have better coverage.