Too many things on my mind right now. Time to get them out:
- Jack’s Back – It feels like you’ve been away forever. In fact, I forgot about why you are hiding outside the US again. Good luck on your trial – though I think Fox should make things interesting and have Michael Scofield break you out of prison – it’s what he does.
- Turning down the heat – It’s almost Thanksgiving and we haven’t turned on the heat yet. While Northern California definitely has some raised costs of living, heating is not one of them. My Mom in Boston said that she spent around $1200 in heating during peak months last year.
- Matt Cassel – Wow, you stand to cash in on a big check next year. I wonder if it will be like Patriots of the past who left to grab big paychecks only to have mediocre (at best careers). Yes, talk with Woody, Patten, Branch, Givens, Milloy, and Law. Who am I kidding, I would take the money to play and take my shot at being a star. Just don’t be surprised when you don’t have 400 yards passing without Coach, Randy, and Wes.
Let’s get onto the links:
- Brip Blap asks what is ROWE and how does it affect the workplace?
- Winter’s coming and Frugal Dad looks at gel fuel fireplaces: a frugal home heating alternative.
- Generation X Finance gives this advice: read the fine print before signing any loan – you might be surprised at what’s in there!
- Here’s a wealth tip: lean the art of delayed gratification from Million Dollar Journey.
- The Digerati Life presents last minute gift ideas and shopping tips for holiday procrastinators.
- Money Smart Life also in a giving spirit writes Christmas gift cards – choosing the best gift card.
- My Dollar Plan talks about opening a new Solo 401k for the self employed.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary directs you to get your free ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall today!
More Financial Posts:
- Consumer Commentary writes GM wants you to fear its collapse.
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity presents 100 money saving tips for the holiday gifting bonanza ““ all sorts of topics and categories and all sort of tips. Great read!
- Here are some ideas on how to make the most of your work week by Free Money Finance.
Cassell -> Vikings.
All I want for Christmas is an NFL-caliber QB.
Tight Fisted Miser says
Dr Pepper extended the promotion until today since their site was so overloaded yesterday. I can’ get on today either though.
Lazy Man says
Good luck on that with Cassel (you’ll have to learn how to spell his name like I did), I really do think someone will regret paying him as much as they will this offseason.
Amber Weinberg says
GASP! I don’t like Dr. Pepper but I’ve been waiting for the new GNR album to come out for forever. Literally. What’s it been like 15 years?
Lazy Man says
Amber, so your Chemical Romance has ended? Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
WeSeed Writer says
Bad karma for Dr. Pepper on this one. It could’ve been as huge/successful as Taco Bell’s “steal” promotion during the World Series…oh well.
You do realize the options that we currently have at QB, right? We apparently don’t want to draft a QB in the 1st round, and we have passed up opportunities to get guys like Warner and Pennington when they were available in free agency/trade. If we overpay and get a guy who is competent, that would be OK. I’m just looking for competent, not superstar. I don’t like Jackson, and Furry Rat is a bit long in the tooth.
Lazy Man says
I just think that paying that 10M for average is going to hurt you in the long run. There’s got to be better value out there.
Oh, there is certainly better value. But ownership is to dumb to recognize it, whereas they might be willing to overpay for average/youth.
I’d prefer to have the team get a better value, but an overpaid average QB is still preferable to an underpaid poor QB.
@LAZYMAN “I just think that paying that 10M for average is going to hurt you in the long run. ”
Its what ruined Baseball IMHO.
I have recently become addicted to Prison Break (damn you FX marathons!) and I just can’t stop watching.
I love love love 24. I met John Cassar and Kieffer S at a charity auction a few years ago and I have to say, that KS is very grounded, one thing he said that stuck out that day was that he never forgets where he came from, he never forgets that tho he is in a hit show now, he could lose it all tomorrow. When I went there I was expecting him to be snobbish and even tho he chain smoked in a non smoking hotel, and I never saw him without a glass in his hand, I can’t say anything bad about him. He was very nice and polite to everyone there. Good experience all around.
Love 24, Jack Bauer and the fact that a show I actully like didn’t get cancelled by the third episode.
Lazy Man says
I hear you. Every show that I like gets canceled early season: Firefly, Wonderfalls, Jane of Arcadia, the Andy Richter Show. There are probably 10-15 great shows that I loved in the past 10 years – and now I watch about 3-4.