Last night I caught up with SVB of The Digerati Life and a few other people for dinner and a game of Settlers of Catan. There I took the opportunity to tell her, as one of my closest friends, the big news. The wife and I are expecting a little bundle of tax deduction later this year.
We are beginning the process of learning all the new things that new parents need to learn. Financially, we’ve got a lot to figure out as well. I’m looking forward to documenting the financial aspects of this journey.
And now for the personal finance links…
- Digerati Life asks living in a small house: does size matter?
- My Dollar Plan wonders what are the tax consequences of deducting a home office if you sell your home?
- Money Smart Life on social media savings you can take to the bank.
- Generation X Finance talks tax relief for unemployed taxpayers who can’t pay.
- Free Money Finance discusses the safest retirement.
- Million Dollar Journey writes how much does a Tim Hortons franchise cost and profit?
- Frugal Dad says save $100 a month with three frugal choices.
- Studenomics blogs how to travel without being a complete tool.
- Get Rich Slowly shares a reader story: I quit my passion and took a boring job.
- 5 simple ways for college students to save money from Scott on MONEY.