Last week, I mentioned that we had a family emergency. My grandfather in-law had died. It was a complete surprise. I know a bunch of people half his age had exclaimed that they were in worse health. My wife and I had just had lunch with him a week ago on one of our trips back to Boston and he was as healthy as just about anyone I know. Regular readers may remember that I wrote about him earning a Purple Heart about a year ago: My Grandfather In-Law: A True Veteran Hero.
I’m rambling… so I’m just going to cut to the chase and get to this week’s personal finance links.
- Brip Blap shares his thoughts on what he calls the chocolate diet.
- Digerati Life says with free television & low cost internet access, save $100 a month.
- Frugal Dad explains that borrowing money is the same as buying risk.
- Generation X Finance goes over 5 reasons why people are broke.
- Million Dollar Journey presents 4 critical mistakes in retirement planning.
- Money Smart Life digs into section 105 HRA plans.
- My Dollar Plan offers 3 membership programs you want to subscribe to – Travelzoo looks great.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary asks how much does it take to get to $1,000,000?
Top PF Posts:
- The Smarter Wallet says you can lower your credit card bills by negotiating your rates.
- Free Money Finance goes over what to do when your car reaches 100,000 miles.
- Sweating the Big Stuff talks about asset allocation for people in their 20s.
- 1st Million at 33 writes surprising resolution of mortgage paper fraud coming?
- Promo Code Center shares this great Verizon promo code: FiOS internet & cable TV deals .
- Money Crashers wonders should parents pay if their kids get good grades?
- PT Money presents 5 money moves to make for your newborn baby.
- Beating Broke examines the financial toll of special diets.
- Darwin’s Finance posts workplace recognition goes a long way. Take the time.
- Grad Money Matters blogs Multiple careers, multiple incomes? They’re closer than you think.