This weekend, my wife introduced me Marley and Me (the movie). She had seen it on the way back from a business trip. If you’ve seen it, it sums up our life in the last month. Jake is growing faster than he’s learning and it’s leading to a situation where he doesn’t understand his own strength. He also has teeth that are just like vampire’s – probably worse. There have been good moments this weekend. Sometimes he’s behaved so well, that we joke that Fred is here… Fred being the someone else’s well-behaved dog because he certainly can’t be Jake. I’ll be trying to step up his training this week – it would be nice to have more Fred moments than Jake ones.
In other news, I’d like to give thanks to my friend Kosmo at The Casual Observer for leaving a comment on McGruber reminding me to post the video below. I had meant to link to this before now, but it didn’t seem available right away.
While on the topic of Kosmo and his site, I should have mentioned that Kosmo has a stock market contest that I participated in. I don’t know why I set myself up to lose these things. I’m certain not a “Goliath” as he says.
And now to the Personal Finance links
- Brip Blap discusses all that is valuable.
- This is a great post to look at 18 secrets to a successful yard sale by Frugal Dad. There are 3 yard sales in a 5 mile radius of my house; a 4th if you count a church rummage sale.
- Generation X Finance provides a list of 8 small changes you can make to save an extra $100 this month.
- Million Dollar Journey gives 7 ways saving money is like losing weight.
- Digerati Life writes about some online social networking mistakes that can break your career.
- Watch out for this! Money Smart Life warns about a current set of credit card scammers.
- My Dollar Plan posts firing our nanny for more family time.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary blogs make a budget in three steps.
More Financial Posts:
- No Credit Needed blogs Visa debit cards more popular than Visa credit cards.
- Free Money Finance shares the best sly money move you don’t know about.
- Bargaineering frugal and convenient breakfast recipes.