Last weekend, my wife and I did something, well, very different than our typical Saturday. My wife’s friend schedule to boxing at a local gym’s Fight Night and she asked for our support. I had never had the desire watch boxing live, but put a pair of attractive females in the match, and give me enough string to hang myself with pudding and mud jokes… and I’m in.
I didn’t know what to expect, but what I found was quite the experience for me. Regular readers of this site, probably know that my collar is very white… and there’s only a tint of blue in it. It felt like the rest of the crowd was just the opposite. That’s what I typically refer to as an opportunity to learn… learn how another half lives.
Learning is what I did that night. There were 12 boxing matches set for the night. Each match was 3 rounds of 3 minutes. I found out after the first bout that there would be no winners or losers… no judging of any kind. That was appropriate… each of the boxers were amatuers. You could see in their enthusiasm that this wasn’t about boxing at all. It was a celebration of the commitment they’ve made to put in long hours at the gym… a way to look back on the results of their sweat and tears.
You never know where a display of human triumph can appear. If you get the chance to catch one, I highly recommend it.
- Brip Blap says networking is not about quid-pro-quo.
- Digerati Life asks workplace discrimination or harassment? Fired for being too pretty.
- Frugal Dad posts how to stockpile food for survival.
- Generation X Finance blogs about how living like a college student can get you through tough times.
- Million Dollar Journey asks should I start the Smith Manoeuvre?
- Money Smart Life writes save your marriage from money problems.
- My Dollar Plan asks how much does a funeral cost?
- The Sun’s Financial Diary goes over the advantages of using a credit card over a debit card.
Top PF Posts:
- Smart Money Finance asks how low can the weak Euro go?
- Free Money Finance presents seven mistakes in hiring a financial planner.
- Fabulous Financials shares how to get fit physically and financially.
- Well-Heeled Blog wonders graduate school: necessary or not?
- Finance For Youth offers up some graduate gift ideas.
- Bargaineering explains hard credit inquiries and mortgage rates.
- Frugal for Life posts 4 excuses to not save money.
- Money Crashers asks can you save money on rent without moving?
- Free from Broke wonders did you really save on your savings?
- Don’t miss FruGal’s sales shopping guide for sales-phobic shoppers.
- Learn how to negotiate your rent in 2010 | A 10-step guide over at property management blog, Software Advice.