As you may have noticed lately, the posting here has slowed quite a bit over the last month. I have been spending a little more time enjoying the summer and following the NBA Finals. I don’t typically watch basketball, but when the Celtics are in the playoffs, I get interested.
One of the things that I like about Boston sports is that a team is usually in contention. The Red Sox started off slow falling 8 games back, but I had the Celtics run to essentially a coin flip in game 7 of the finals to keep me entertained. The day after the Celtics were eliminated the Red Sox found themselves with the 3rd best record in all of baseball. They actually have the best record since April 20th, despite my favorite player Jacoby Ellsbury being injured almost all season. If the past in any indication the Red Sox will stay in contention until around September when my interest will turn to the Patriots. It’s great how that works out…
- Brip Blap posts job junkie.
- Digerati Life asks are you ready for a Social Security system overhaul?
- Learn how to prepare your house for a baby at Frugal Dad.
- Generation X Finance provides a list of restaurants
that let kids eat free.
- Million Dollar Journey does a Capital One Aspire World MasterCard review.
- Money Smart Life shares how to get your car ready for a roadtrip.
- My Dollar Plan goes over health care bill impacts: insurance options for young adults.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary presents 6 easy ways to save money without a budget.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance poses a question about money
ethics: what would you do with found money?
- Learn how to cash your check when you have no bank account at The Smarter Wallet.
- Saving Advice asks how
does your spending stack up against your neighbors?
- Darwin’s Finance examines billion dollar inheritance: heirs pay NO tax ““ right or wrong?
- Bill Eater asks trying to save money but don’t know where to start? How to prioritize.
- Budgets Are Sexy says increase your savings with every raise you get!
- My Wealth Builder wonders is $1 million enough for retirement?
- Frugal for Life writes is a penny worth a stoop?
- Don’t Mess with Taxes blogs on tax policy and the American homeownership dream.
- Well-Heeled Blog poses the question: do you need a dating prenup when moving in together?
- Rich Credit Debt Loan writes about saving money with a government loan option.