This week, my wife and I are enjoying a vacation in Aruba. We’ve already implemented a few basic ways to save money in Aruba. One tip that I’d add is that you can give Texas de Brazil your e-mail address and get 50% discounts on your entire bill. That tip works at any of the chain’s restaurants – not just Aruba. We might end up going twice – the food and the deal is that good.
In other news, Las Vegas has set the over/under of how much Dunkin Donuts iced coffee my wife will drink on this trip at 10 gallons. Considering the wackiness of being able to get Dunkin Donuts in Aruba and not in California, I’m going with the over. She noticed our timeshare had a pitcher and seriously suggested we just bring it by and ask them to fill it up and charge whatever.
I plan on having some good articles for you this week. However, to paraphrase yet another of my favorite Serenity quotes… what I plan and what takes place ain’t ever exactly been similar.
While I come up with ways to force-feed you more Joss Whedon quotes check out these personal finance links:
- Brip Blap posts how to poison attitudes towards work in young children.
- Digerati Life explains how to buy short sale real estate.
- Frugal Dad asks what does money mean to you?
- Money Smart Life discusses how to lower the cost of health care.
- Generation X Finance says develop a healthy attitude about money and learn to spot unhealthy habits.
- Million Dollar Journey asks what’s important about money to you?
- My Dollar Plan gives a comparison of college savings plans.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary wonders LifeLock: can the program really protect my identity?
Best Financial Posts:
- The Smarter Wallet posts outsourcing and hiring extra help to get things done.
- All Financial Matters shares the history of inflation.
- Wealth Uncomplicated writes Dave Ramsey followers are successful, here’s why.
- Pay Less For Food shares this frugal tip: save money by building a more effective grocery shopping list.
- Rich Credit Debt Loan posts saving money with your credit cards.
- One Frugal Girl asks how often do you purchase something unexpected?
- Smart Money explains what the rich are doing with their money.
- Money Ning writes trash frugal living by buying in bulk!
- Don’t Mess With Taxes posts aging parents, ageless money issues –
- Wisebread shares 51 unusual money-saving tips from readers.
- Five Pence Piece wonders is debt shameful?
- Frugal Village shares ten habits for successful tightwads.
- Two Pennies Earned offers inexpensive ways to get organized.