Last night, my wife and I were fortunate enough to entertain a few bloggers at our home. While we typically hang out with The Digerati Life and Stop Buying Crap once a month, this time, a couple of other bloggers dropped by while they were in town. If you are a reader of this site, you are probably aware of J. Money from Budgets are Sexy. You might not be as aware of A Gai Shan Life. I have to admit that I wasn’t as aware of Revanche blog as I should be. However, I encourage you to visit her site. It’s very well done. (Like you may gather from the logo, she’s really good with dogs.)
With the exception of my BBQ running out of propane, the night went perfectly. We played a game of Settlers of Catan (seriously the best game of all time). J. Money, learning the game for the first time, came very, very close to winning. However, in the end, SVB from The Digerati Life won.
It’s always nice to get together with other personal finance bloggers. We all have something in common, but it’s really odd how little “shop talk” went on. Anyway, enough of my ramblings for now, here are personal finance links for this past week:
- Brip Blap shows how his cousin and wife sold their house for bigger gains in how to make money on Facebook.
- Learn how to file a consumer complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at Digerati Life.
- Frugal Dad shares 9 ways to save money on car insurance.
- Generation X Finance gives 28 tips to save money on car expenses and save thousands of dollars!
- Million Dollar Journey posts about the Canadian Income Tax Deadline
- Money Smart Life discusses differences between an overtime exempt employee vs non-exempt employee.
- Unemployed tax deductions provide tax relief says My Dollar Plan.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary posts know thy (financial) self.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance provides a list of top tools for analyzing your salary.
- The Smarter Wallet offers 5 career planning tips for college graduates.
- Wise Bread shares 14 travel hacks and airfare saving tips.
- Five Cent Nickel asks how do you know if a credit card number is valid?
- Get Rich Slowly shares the problem with prognostication: why you shouldn’t invest based on “expert” predictions.
- Consumer Commentary on saving money on soundtracks .
- Ready to be Rich talks about the personal finance habits of Filipinos.
- Fine Tuned Finances posts some tips to help you save $100.00 or more each month.
I’m not surprised that SVB won, she’s a Settler fanatic! I’m glad that she forgot to bring it to Orlando so we could play Texas Holdem instead :)
Lazy Man says
I am probably as fanatical, if not more so.
Thanks for including my article in your list of links. I really appreciate it. :D
Thanks again for hosting us, it was fantastic fun — even when I was just waiting for blood to be shed over the game.
J. Money says
Oooooh next time we should play Hold ‘Em!!! and bring your money too ;)
The Digerati Life says
That was heck of a great game. Cap was in his element as usual. And I enjoyed putting that robber on you Lazy Man, every chance I got… (well thanks for the return favor too….lol).