This is coming a little late, but I wanted to make mention that if you haven’t seen Avatar you should definitely go. I didn’t really have much interest in it, nor did I know anything about the story, but after seeing it three times I can say it’s a great, great movie. The biggest reason I saw it three times is that I’ve never seen effective 3D before. I think the last movie I saw in 3D was Jaws. This really felt like 3D. I don’t know if I can justify it as a good financial decision to see the same movie three times, but consider that I typically don’t go to the movies much, it seemed reasonable for a splurge.
Before we get to the personal finance links, I’d like to suggest that you check out Money Crasher’s contest. There will be over 100 winners. I’m personally offering $50 in Paypal cash.
- Here are 8 questions to ask [yourself] before buying ‘stuff’ from Brip Blap.
- Digerati Life talks about setting goals: 5 financial milestones to aim for by age 30.
- Frugal Dad says delaying Roth IRA contributions one year could cost you $74,000!
- Generation X Finance asks would you willingly lose 25% of your money? Chances are you already do!
- Million Dollar Journey writes on financial values: spending more & spending less. What are you un/willing to spend money on?
- Money Smart Life posts avoiding tax return fees & penalties.
- My Dollar Plan examines Prosper versus Lending Club.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary shows you how you can indulge your resolutions without breaking the bank.
Top PF Posts:
- Get Rich Slowly shares a reader story: how I paid off $18,500 in debt.
- Five Cent Nickel blogs save then buy vs. buy now, pay later.
- Free Money Finance on the love of money.
- The Mighty Bargain Hunter warns not tracking our spending has repercussions.
- Bill Eater writes “Pay as you Drive” technology enables new car insurance discounts.
- Consumerism Commentary shares some alternatives to high-yield savings accounts.
- One Million and Beyond posts year of less.
- The Smarter Wallet presents 8 new or changed 2009 tax credits that can save you hundreds!
- Roni Deutch shares the top 10 tax stories of 2009.
- Wise Bread reveals 12 cool things to do with used dryer sheets.