Tricia from Blogging Away Debt has tagged me to talk about 5 things I’m obsessed with. So here they are roughly in order.
- If you read the last time I was tagged, I’m a die-hard New England Patriots fan. Energi Gal can’t be around as I’ll yell at the television at times.
- Fake Baseball. I play a game where you act as a baseball GM, making trades for players and managing the finances of the team. It’s good fun to play against other GMs and I find that I learn a lot about budgeting and statistics.
- I’m obsessed with several television shows at a time. Right now only Heroes seems to grab my full attention. However, in the past Buffy the Vampire Slayer was an obsession. I went as far to unplugged the phone.
- This web sites and it’s stats. I’m starting to get less obsessed, but let’s face it, I love that you read this. It would be difficult to keep this website going without you.
- Getting the best deal – even to a fault. I will almost always buy a gallon of milk for $3.20 vs. a half gallon for $2.50. We almost always end up throwing out some portion of the milk. I say that we barely through out an eighth of a gallon, but Energi Gal says that it’s half a gallon. Whenever I’m at Wal-Mart, I buy in more bulk than we can comfortably fit in our home. I’ve found that some canned goods are half price there and it kills me to overpay by that much.
- Bonus one… I play a pretty professional game of Bejeweled on my Palm Treo.Â I’ve played close to 1000 games.Â I usually play it while sitting in line in the grocery store or something along those lines.Â Over the years, I’ve got some solid strategies and can look ahead a few moves.Â My top score is over 400,000 and it took me about a week of that down time to get a score that high.