Sure, revenue made from ads is a tried and true way in order to make an income through YouTube. However, this is only one way out of many other possibilities.
With close to 2 billion YouTube users accessing the popular video media platform, there are hundreds of video hours being uploaded by the minute.
Continue reading, and you will be shown to simply Shopify how to make money on YouTube by becoming a partner with YouTube.
Partnering with YouTube
It is not a requirement to partner with YouTube in order to create a good income. You can enjoy a nice income just by using AdSense. However, becoming a YouTube partner does provide a way for it to be easier.
As a partner with YouTube, you get access to many different avenues to making money. Besides ads, you can make money from viewer subscriptions that are premium and a variety of features including merchandise, paying memberships, and super chats.
The First Step: Get a Channel Started
Getting a channel started first requires you to have a Google account and then designing your channel before uploading your first video.
The Second Step: Create a Channel that will be both a Success and within the requirements of the partner program.
In order for you to be a part of the partner program, the amount of subscribers needs to be at least 1,000 and the amount of watch hours needs to be at least 4,000 within the past year.
The Third Step: Create an account through AdSense
Creating an account with AdSense is an easy process and you can find the tutorial for opening one through YouTube.
The Fourth Step: Become familiar with the features that generate money
Every channel that generates money has their own requirement to be eligible. A few of these include:
• Payments for Super Chat: Allowing for Super Chat payments requires you to be 18 years old and being in a country that offers the feature. Once these requirements are met, your fans will be able to pay you to have messages easily seen during all live streams.
• Memberships to the Channel: In order to offer memberships, the amount of subscribers must be over 30,000. This feature also requires you to be 18 or older.
• Revenue from Ads: Earning revenue from ads requires you to be 18 years old. You must also have content that advertisers will enjoy advertising. So the idea is to keep your content from becoming controversial. This will allow the advertisers to remain comfortable while having ads associated with them and making you more revenue.
• Revenue from Premium Services: You get a portion of a Premium member’s fee for subscription if they watch a video that you post. This one is a nice one to have because it’s automatic.
• Selling Merchandise on a shelf: To obtain a shelf, you are required to be 18 years old and the amount of subscribers must be over 10,000. This is the only requirement that you need to satisfy in order to sell merchandise.
The Fifth Step: Submit for Review
Being a partner with YouTube requires you to be at a higher level than just the minimum. You also need to adhere to all of the guidelines of the community as well as all of the policies under the partner program. Not only that, but you need to ensure that you don’t infringe on any copyright laws.