Having a name like “Lazy Man” means that I lose a lot of potential media attention. Many of the bigger websites will think twice before linking to a website feature me. I’ve often thought that I should re-brand myself. However, every now and again, the Lazy Man name works to my advantage. One such time spanned the last few days. While I was deeply engaged in a combination of family issues and the NFL draft – two of my highest priorities – I missed the opportunity or an Earth Day post. On the bright side, I think there’s great value in reminding people about Earth Day after the actual day has passed. It’s not like there is only one day to think about the environmentally responsible.
On some Earth Days, the topics to write about come easy to me. This time it didn’t come easy. I came close to mentioning the little things we do to help the environment such as recycle about 75% of trash (the other 25% is simply extremely difficult or impossible to recycle in my area). However, I decided it was best to leave it to the experts and give you a couple of sites and articles to read:
- While I try to be a good human, I’m not The Good Human… so humbly ask that you read The Good Human – Seriously, it’s worth reading every day… and twice on Sundays.
- One of the better articles I read this week was a great analysis about shutting off a computer to conserve power
If you didn’t like any of those articles, I remind you to check out previous articles I’ve written: