So it seems I was so sick that I reposted an article that I had already posted months ago. So here’s another blog post by Kostas.
When it comes to personal finance, there are many problems that people experience. In fact, many individuals and couples find it very difficult to manage their finances effectively, which can lead to all sorts of issues. When personal and couple financial issues rear their heads, it is vital to take early action to avoid the problem getting any worse. Fortunately, there are various resources that you can turn to in order to do this.
Couples’ finance is a very important issue in terms of ensuring everything continues to run smoothly. If problems arise with finances it can also lead to problems in the relationship, as money issues can create a huge amount of stress and puts couples under immense pressure. In this article, I will talk about some finance books that can help to guide you through.
Some of the top books to turn to for personal finance advice
There are a number of tips that I provide for both individuals and couples who want to improve their personal financial situations, and I believe that books can be hugely beneficial. Many of the books relating to personal finance offer invaluable advice that is both practical and effective when it comes to improving finances. They can become a go-to guide for many individuals and couples, so they are always useful to have around if you want to keep your finances on track.
You will find that some of the best personal finance books can help you to not only get your finances back on track but also enjoy better financial health moving forward, which means greater peace of mind and better quality of life for you. So, let’s take a look at some of the books that can help with individuals’ and couples’ personal finances:
· The Total Money Makeover: This book, which is by Dave Ramsey, is a guide that helps you back to financial fitness. The approach used is effective and practical, which makes it easier for readers to follow in order to get their finances into shape. In addition to this, there are various success stories that can provide you with inspiration and hope when it comes to money problems and debt. This is a book that really focuses on getting to the root of the matter, providing you with information on what you should and should not do in order to achieve financial fitness.
· The One Page Financial Plan: In this personal finance book author, Carl Richards, provides a simple solution to being sensible about money. People often find it difficult to create a financial plan, and this can all be part of the issue when finances start to fall apart. With this book, you can develop an understanding of why you need to create a plan and how it can help you when it comes to your finances. You will come to understand how to prioritize effectively when it comes to money, which in turn makes it easier to make informed decisions.
· Home Finances for Couples: Author, Leo Ostapiv, provides a wealth of information in this book, which is targeted toward couples who want to stay on the straight and narrow when it comes to financial matters. It is an excellent tool to help you to manage your finances effectively as a couple and avoid the pitfalls that many couples fall into when it comes to money. You can learn more about how to work toward shared financial goals and how to overcome money issues as a couple.
· The Couples Guide to Income Power: This book is by Jason G. Miles and is all about showing couples how to increase their income, get rid of debt, and even retire at an earlier age. You will find a huge variety of valuable information in this book, making it a great guide for couples that want to benefit from complete financial fitness. If you have financial goals and are struggling to reach them, this book can be an inspiration. In addition, you can benefit from the step by step guide that makes implementing the strategies far easier and helps you to enjoy greater financial freedom.
· The Couples Guide to Financial Compatibility: Author, Jeff Motske, clearly knows how personal financial issues can affect couples and result in arguments and even breakups. In this book, he provides information and advice that will enable couples to work together when it comes to both spending money and saving it. As a certified financial planner, the author has the expertise and experience to offer sound and very effective advice to couples that want to be able to put their money related issues behind them.
· First Comes Love, Then Comes Money: Bethany Palmer, the author of this book, focuses her attention on the importance of communication between couples when it comes to financial matters. Many couples fall into financial ruin because of their inability to communicate over financial matters. However, this book provides invaluable advice and suggestions that will make it easier for couples to discuss and agree about issues that affect their financial situation as a couple.
· The Heart of Money: A Couple’s Guide to Creating Tue Financial Intimacy: We all know that intimacy is important in a relationship. Well, in this book the author, Deborah L. Price, also focuses on the importance of intimacy when it comes to finances between couples. As a financial coach, she has helped many couples to overcome financial issues. This book is designed to provide the same benefit, with practical information that couples can implement.
Making finances work for you
The one thing that these books all have in common is the ability to help individuals and couples make finances work for them. With the range of expert advice and step by step processes, you should find that getting your finances back into shape is not as difficult as you might have thought. Better still, the advice given in these books will help you to keep your finances in good shape.
I’ll add one: Complete Financial Guide For Young Couples by Larry Burkett. My wife and I married in 1987, both with debts, and continued to to them until I read Larry’s book. Any errors we’ve made since were when we didn’t follow the principles in the book. I know Dave Ramsey is popular, particularly in the church community, but he’s basically a better marketer for information written before.
ROBYN A. WEINBAUM says
i recommend anything by Suze Orman. she has a heart. Dave Ramsey’s budgeting advice is really good, but a lot of his other beliefs are from another century. his whole thing about co-mingling funds and women not having their own careers/bank accounts/paying into social security/life insurance? half of all marriages end in divorce and 100% end with death of a spouse. you better make sure you are secure as an individual.
Disclaimer: i happen to work for a Dave Ramsey ELP, listen to the show, read the books, even taken FPU. i find a lot of his advice to be heartless, short sighted, disconnected from legal and tax know how he should have. i also look at him and think about the millions he makes telling people to buy his products, that the FPU facilitators are NOT PAID, and his demographic breakdown of his teams.