When I was growing up I read Dan Shaughnessy, a famous Boston Globe sports writer, whenever I could. Since I’ve gotten older, I’ve found that I often disagree with what his writings. However, I remember he would occasionally put together some sundry sports thoughts under the headline of “Clearing out the desk drawer of my mind…” I’m bring that concept into the 2000s.
- It will take me a couple of days to run the voting for the contest.
- I spent about an hour tonight trying to Simpsonize myself only to find the site extremely buggy. A couple of times it said my picture was not a high enough resolution (not true). Eventually it accepted that it was above their resolution limits only to error and say the something like “the thingy-magigy got stuck in thw whatza-housy.” That had to be the worst error message ever. A few tries and it produced a creature (certainly not a person) with a nose, eye, and ear stacked on top of each other.
- I’d like to give thanks to the sites that sent me traffic. In order of the most traffic to the least…
1. The Simple Dollar
2. Gen X Finance
3. My Money Blog
4. The Digerati Life
5. Free Money Finance
6. Blogging Away Debt
7. Money Matters and More Musings
8. Binary Dollar
9. Five Cent Nickel
10. Mighty Bargain Hunter
I want to especially single out Blogging Away Debt as her readers viewed the most amount of pages on my site.
- When I started this site, I thought I’d share more technology tips – at least 5% of my writing. I’m probably at only 1% now. Well for those of you who aren’t familiar with RSS feeds they can make your reading a lot easier. I’ve been using Mozilla Thunderbird for my RSS feeds for quite some time. However last night I gave Google Reader a shot for the first time since it came out. It’s a very nice piece of software, well worth using. Why not start by subscribing to my RSS feed. I only wish I could delete posts after I read them to “get them out of my way.” However, I can’t seem to find that option.
- Is it just me or is Andy Samberg going to join Jim Carrey in the “pigeon-holed comedians to make it big?” I wish I could by stock in Andy.
Come back this weekend for my favorite financial articles of the week.
In Google Reader, you want to go to Settings, then Preferences, then check the box marked “In expanded view, mark items as read when you scroll past them.”
I use the google reader and it’s pretty great. While there’s no way to delete posts that have been read, you can have it show only the new posts. That way once you’ve read something, it’ll be archived, but won’t show up until you change the settings back to showing every post.
And if you know you’re going to need a post later but it won’t be easily accessible because it’s not new, you can just star it. That way you can get to it easily without having to dig through mounds of old posts.
The Digerati Life says
I’m planning to simpsonize myself too! I’ll see what I get and if it’s anything like a humanoid at all…. So glad to send you traffic!!
So are you a Red Sox fan?
Lazy Man says
In the spirit of frugality, I demand that you also list the sites who gave you the least traffic!