- Google on the Schedule Today – I think that whenever I get the chance to take advantage of Google’s AdSense team inviting me to review my website 1-on-1, I have to take it. I did it last year and it was excellent.
- My Wife’s Take on Invitations – I think that while on the topic of invitations, my wife has an interesting take on them – go to everything you are invited to. I’ve often joked that she’d mow someone’s lawn if invited. I’m starting to come around to her way of thinking on some things. You miss out on 100% of the opportunities that you don’t take.
- This Week in HP Touchpad 1 – I think that HP made the first good move in a long time when it fired CEO Leo Apotheker and put Meg Whitman as the CEO. I don’t know if Meg Whitman is the answer, but I do know it wasn’t Apotheker. It’s pretty shocking that HP’s board hired Apotheker without even meeting him. In sharp contrast, I had to interview to run the cash register at Papa Gino’s when I was 16.
- This Week in HP Touchpad 2 – I’ve been vocal supporter of HP/Palm webOS and its Touchpad since even before I owned one. I’ve claimed it has been one of the great mobile operating systems in some time. I understand it’s easy for “Lazy Man” to claim such things. Most people don’t know that I used to plug a phone cartridge into a PDA (search for VisorPhone) for my phone 10 years ago, because I knew the smartphone was the wave of the future. I’ve been a developer with two successful mobile start-up companies since then and the market need webOS. Not having it would be like Mozilla pulling the funding for Firebird back in 2004. It is now known as Firefox. I was one of the few people using that at the time and all my friends just said that I should go with the industry de facto standard – Internet Explorer. Today Fireox had blazed a path that inspired Google Chrome and together they’ve provided significant competition to Internet Explorer… which has lead Microsoft to admit that they need to advance Internet Explorer.
If you don’t believe me, listen to the Mobile editor for ZDNet, James Kendrick as he seems to think it is very important to get support for the Touchpad. The takeaway quote: “The decision to cancel the TouchPad line will go down in history as one of the most ridiculous business decisions ever made.”
- Pandora’s New HTML 5 App – I think the new slogan should be, “You don’t need an app for that.” The use of mobile applications (iOS, Android, webOS, etc…) seems like it’s early 90’s and we are using Windows 3.1. Thank you Pandora for blazing the trail.
- Red Sox Collapse – I think that the Sox didn’t collapse – they suffered too many injuries. Some say it historically bad and in a lot ways there is. However, it’s hard for any team to compete when Tim Wakefield, who wasn’t one of the top 7 pitchers in the rotation became the 2nd best the Red Sox had. Loved Peter King’s statistic of the Red Sox being 2-18 this month when they don’t score 12 runs. That’s now 2-19.
- Patriots Collapse – I think that the Patriots collapse wasn’t as bad as it will be made out to be in Boston. The Patriots had a nice 21-0 lead after a quarter and a half to the Bills and then lost 34-31. The Patriots had just about every bad bounce imaginable and were flagged for about 7,000 penalties. I guess when everything goes wrong, and your injury-plagued team plays close on the road, you can’t be too upset with that, right? (Trying to convince myself…)
- Ringer – I think the new Sarah Michelle Geller show on the CW is greatly surpassing my admittedly low expectations. I thought the first episode was disappointing, but it heated up with the second episode. They’ve already had so many twists and turns that it would make a fan of 24 dizzy.
- Brip Blap says just start.
- Digerati Life with how social & mobile retail sites are changing the way we shop.
- Frugal Dad posts Bank of America in Trouble – is it still safe to keep my money in a bank?
- Generation X Finance goes over how to talk to your aging parents about their finances.
- Million Dollar Journey posts Scotia iTrade offers commission free ETFs!
- Money Smart Life with the pill to cure debt.
- My Dollar Plan asks should I go to grad school?
- The Sun’s Financial Diary explains how one missed bill becomes one costly mistake.
Top PF Posts:
- The Soap Boxers wonders will Amazon reinstate California affiliates?
- Free Money Finance on taking a private boat vacation.
- Smarter Walley says get to know your credit rating.
- My Journey to Millions says I feel guilty making unnecessary purchases.
- Len Penzo presents 21 reasons why corner lots are for suckers.
- Humble Savers gives five ways to save – with the children.
- One Frugal Girl wonders am I crazy to consider refinancing again?
- Scott on MONEY goes over what you should know before borrowing money from your retirement plan.
- Bill Eater offers ways on how to protect yourself from credit card skimmers.
- Debt Sucks Blog asks bad credit? What are your options?