I have (what I think) is a good article to share for Thursday. Today, I’ve got a good article and a few housekeeping things to share and clean up. I used to write articles that were a combination of a bunch of small topics. With Twitter, it’s become less necessary. However, this seems like a good time to bring it back. Cue the bullet points:
- This week Retire by 40 published an interview with me. We have a lot in common so if you like my blog, you’ll probably love his. In this interview, I answer a lot of questions about being financially independent, but still self-employed and not really retired.
- On that self-employment front, last month’s dog sitting was about twice what we’ve ever done. This month we are doing 25% better. I’ve had to turn away customers and raise prices to try to slow down requests. It’s close to a full-time job scheduling everything.
- Between the dog sitting and short kids’ camps, I don’t have much time to sit and do much “deep writing.” My son’s cooking camp this week is only 3 hours.
- I’d appreciate it if you’d nominate me for Lifetime Achievement Plutus Award. I’ve been nominated twice before, but didn’t win.
- I need to do an update on my goal’s progress for 2021. I was trying to get them done about every 6 weeks, but I think it’s been about 3 months now. I have a hunch this is going to be a mixed bag. I think I’ll be ahead of the financial goals (due to dog sitting coming back) and behind in some of the personal goals.
- Similarly, I want to update you on my crypto-currency investing progress. You can see that the crypto markets haven’t been doing well. That’s going to be the high-level update, but I’m hoping to get an article out on that soon.
- If you are an RSS subscriber to the blog, you may not be getting updates anymore or they may be leaving soon. Google has discontinued its Feedreader service that was popular back in 2006. I found a replacement, but ran into some technical issues. I think they might be resolved, but I haven’t had a chance to test it yet. (I realize that if you aren’t getting updates then you aren’t likely to see this either, but it’s the best I can do.)
Leave a Reply