We down to single digit days before Christmas. I saw this infographic and had a few thoughts:
Provided by Avant
- It’s probably not a surprise, but I’m in the 90% of shoppers who haven’t completed their shopping. It is mid-December.
- My reason for not completing fall in the 28.8% of not being given ideas by loved ones. However, I can’t throw stones in my glass house as I haven’t given many ideas for loved ones. It seems more and more difficult to find material objects that provide value to me. On the plus side, I avoided the 20% of being too lazy. If I can do that, you can too.
- When I look at the presents that people want, it becomes more clear to me why I can’t figure out what to ask for.
- I think I’m far below the $830 amount spent on gifts, but I’m not sure how that is tabulated. Is it the total that I spent for my wife and half of what I spent for the kids (with the other half being from my wife)? That seems to be the most natural way to do it.
- The best tips are buried at the end… how to reduce spending over xmas. Make Time would be the most important thing for me.