This is an interesting weekend for me. I’m very excited about two events tomorrow. In the morning, I get to watch one of my wife’s friends get her doctorate from Stanford… followed by a graduation speech from Oprah. It’s kind of sad that I’m not really interested in her for any reason other than she’s Oprah. I’m not exactly a fan.
After I’m done with Oprah, I have to hop on the Celtics’ bandwagon and root with some friends at a bar. I didn’t think I’d find basketball interesting ever again, but between Pierce coming back from the injury last week and the 24 point road comeback… wow, they have me captivated.
Lastly, I’d like to wish my own dad a Happy Father’s Day. I wish we could have shared the day with you.
- Help your kids get rich: invest early at Digerati Life this Friday promotes the idea of investing early with smaller amounts of cash. It might sound like a waste but by doing so your kid (or yourself) will be far ahead of those who started saving later.
- Generation X presents 5 quick homeowners insurance tips that can save you money and your home . Remember last two week’s ago that post by Million Dollar Journey? Save money by keeping this phrase in mind, “Is that the best you can do?”
- I really liked this poll, who’s your favorite broker , over at the Sun’s Financial Diary. Who do you invest with? Why?
- Do you let your emotions control your finances ? Brip blap offers an interesting scenario this week. What would you do?
- I saw this post over at Money Smart Life and gave a small chuckle. save money when buying a diamond ring & avoid going into jewelry debt Who has been in this situation? What did you do about it? Diamonds are status symbols, but perhaps one should look into buying unique vintage pieces or jewelry that matches her interests.
- Million Dollar Journey wrote Monday on hybrid vs. gasoline vehicle comparison – are hybrids worth it? Perhaps but you have to be willing to hold on to them for about ten years.
- With gas prices you might be looking to sell your car, or just looking for a change. My Dollar Plan sold one of their cars recently and wrote about their experiences in we sold my car! What worked and what didn’t .
- Mighty Bargain Hunter writes tossing away free money from your employer? Before you say, “No I’m not!” take a moment to think: are you taking advantage of employer matches in your 401K?
- Want fresh fruit in your diet but don’t want to pay the high prices at the store? Do your own melon slicing and save some serious money, as presented by NCN and could have your fruit and eat it too.
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity can save you money on gas with realistic hypermiling.
- Flexo tells us how he could find $10,000 per year if necessary.
- Free Money Finance writes this week six tips for improving your finances. Now I know there’s more than 6 tips, what tips do you have for us?