I thought I’d take a little time today to highlight some of the more popular posts I’ve written over the four and a half years I’ve been blogging. It has nothing to do with the great traffic I’m seeing this morning from Kimberly Palmer’s article on how to make extra money. It simply seems fitting to look back since it’s the start of the year. (Are you buying this? Even a little bit?)
For those new to the site, I’m a pretty lazy guy in general. However, the Lazy Man name stems from the fact that I had all these great business ideas, but never the drive (nor the finances and connections) to get off the ground. If I’m not going to actually implement these ideas, I might as well write about them, right? Well, somewhere along the line, my plan changed, and I started to focus on personal finance. The result is some 1,200+ articles about how I’m trying to save money, make money, retire early… all the things that you came here for.
I’ll let you be the judge if I did a good job at that. Here are some of the highlights:
- Thousands of ways to save money – Unless you are unusually talented or lucky, it is extremely difficult to retire early without keeping an eye on spending. I put together a page of all my articles on how to save money on just about anything. The advice isn’t to cut all the fun stuff out of your life, but how to keep all the fun on a fraction of the budget. Warning, it’s addictive and you could lose a day there.
- How To Be Successful – I wrote this article a couple of years back and it still resonates with people today. In fact, I got an email last night from someone who is trying to sort out his life after a bunch of missteps. As soon as I’m done with this post, I’m off to email him, to see if what kind of wisdom I can share with him. (This is a scary thought for me.) I always try to get back to my readers, so feel free to contact me.
- MonaVie – I became somewhat famous (in blogging circles at least) for my article on MonaVie. In the article, I asked a simple question of whether it was a scam, since $45 for 25 ounces of juice isn’t the norm… it’s not close to the norm. The article garnered more than 5000 comments and lead me to create a spin-off site MonaVie Scam.
That should be enough reading to keep you busy. In case it’s not, these final two articles (not really the Best of Lazy Man and Money) round out a bit of what you’d read here:
- Make SMARTER Goals This Year – I think I watched Office Space (if there is such a thing) one too many times before writing this one. If you are looking to keep your New Year’s Resolutions this is a great place to start.
- Hedge Rising Food and Gas Prices with ETFs – I didn’t want to leave you with the impression that this website is just about saving money. You see a lot of investing ideas such as this one as well.
For those who came here from that Yahoo article, I’ve gotten tons of mail asking a question I should have anticipated. You want to know How to Start a Blog… well click that link and dig in. Please recognize that it is a broad question and that article is just geared to get you going.
P.S. Don’t forget to check check Kimberly Palmer’s book Generation Earn, which I reviewed here ;-).