While I should probably be looking for some Cyber Monday deals (other than Amazon’s Lightning Deals), I’m pretty entrenched in tonight’s Patriots/Saints game. For the seventh time this season, the Patriots will face an undefeated team, and three of those have accounted for all the Patriots’ losses. They all came down to the last possession as well. I have one prediction for tonight’s game: “Pain!” (…in the immortal words of Clubber Lang.) I don’t know who will suffer more of it, but there’s not going to be a happy ending for everyone in this game.
How big is this game? New Orleans says it’s up there with the Super Bowls that the city had hosted. Average tickets are going for as much as $2000 to $2500. For a regular season game? Are you kidding me? Patriots fans like myself are spoiled… this game probably doesn’t rank in the top 15 of the decade. When your team has won two playoff games in 42 years like the Saints have, this game gets top story on the first page of the New Orleans Times.
I can’t seem to focus on much else, so here are this week’s links:
- Brip Blap gives my up close look at health care.
- Digerati Life examines Blockbuster vs Netflix: online DVD rentals for less.
- Frugal Dad posts 5 four-letter words you should be using in personal finance.
- Generation X Finance asks are you a credit card junkie? Learn how to kick the habit.
- Million Dollar Journey shares 3 principles of successful investors.
- Money Smart Life posts cleaning out the garage.
- My Dollar Plan writes plan and budget for holiday spending.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary talks frugal holiday entertaining.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance says your money habits will influence your children’s money habits.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter asks what money smells do you need to work on?
- PT Money shares ten financial moves to consider before 2009 ends.
- Consumerism Commentary posts 6 items that exemplify conspicuous spending.
- Dough Roller says successful personal finance does not require perfection.
- Wisebread offers 5 easy ways to save some green this holiday season.
- Rich Credit Debt Loan asks is it safe to borrow from a 401(k)?
- Harvesting Dollars blogs about the top 4 things everyone should know about their finances.
- Saving Advice explains that American culture is why people don’t save money.
- The Smarter Wallet writes managing our family finances during a jobless recovery.