My name is Lazy Man and I’m addicted to cell phones. It seems that I spend too much time reading various blogs about cell phones and not getting the things I need to get done. Specifically, I read about Palm because I’ve always liked their products… and now they are an underdog as the Apple iPhone and Google Android phones are getting the majority of the smartphone press. One of the better articles I’ve read on Palm is from a friend… he writes, 13 Reasons Why Palm Pixi is Better than the Apple iPhone. (You’ll recognize the theme I’m sure.)
It’s a strange addiction, because it’s not like I learn new cell phone tricks that make me more efficient. I learn a few tips, but 90% of the time, it’s more for the entertainment factor than it is about productivity.
There’s another reason why I’m addicted to cell phones. However, that’s a story for later today (hopefully)… for now here are some personal finance links from last week:
- Brip Blap explains how working overseas helps your career.
- Digerati Life posts the best ways to invest small amounts of money.
- Frugal Dad says great news! I just “fired” myself! (Who’s next?)
- Learn how to earn income for the rest of your life: the good, bad, and ugly of annuities at Generation X Finance.
- Million Dollar Journey explains why Canadians don’t redeem coupons.
- Money Smart Life writes about college savings accounts for a bad economy.
- My Dollar Plan shares how to save on health care without skimping on quality.
- Sun’s Financial Diary posts how to open a Scottrade account.
Top Personal Finance Posts:
- The Smarter Wallet provides several hot holiday gift ideas for the shopping season.
- Rich Credit Debt Loans writes more about credit.
- Moolanomy explores what to do with a financial windfall.
- Get Rich Slowly shares the regrets of Christmas past.
- AL6400 asks how much is too much for a monthly cell phone plan? That’s something that I struggle with due to my addiction.
- PT Money shares the results of a week without spending.
- Joe Taxpayer asks pay debt or build emergency fund?
- The Simple Dollar posts 3 retirement questions for people in their twenties.
- Wealth…Uncomplicated says college grads beware – you’re screwed!
- Money Ning wonders can you save money while skiing?
- Five Cent Nickel writes how to save money on vacations.