With the Red Sox clinching the AL East for the first time in 12 years, I can finally relax a little bit. That relaxation is going to last only a couple of days. The playoffs start on Wednesday of next week, so it will be nail-biting time again. For the next day or two, I'm going to focus on being that for once in 12 years the Red Sox aren't going into October playing 2nd (or 3rd) fiddle to the Yankees.
On to the links:
- Golb Guru writes about signing the back of your credit card. He quotes a Zug credit card prank that I've always found particularly funny. I used to work with John Hargrave of Zug. He's the comic genius behind such things as this Computer Stew video. If you like it, you can download many more episodes here.
- The Digerati Life has a plan to get more real estate for free. Sadly there's always a catch. The idea is to actually make friends with your neighbors and share land. Bah Humbug, I say! Sharing is for kindergardeners, right? ;-)
- Money Smart Life asks if I'd rather pay more taxes or pay more for health care. Hmmm, I'll go with option C which is to use technology to increase effinciency in the whole medical care industry. We are only just scratching the surface of how we could improve things, but we are getting there.
- Sun's Financial Diary really wants some Chindia. I like Chindia as well, but I prefer it in BRIC-sized bites. If this is confusing to you, I recommend reading the article.
- Generation X Finance does some reporting on GM and UAW's new contact. We have a houseguest this weekend who was deeply effected by this.
- Five Cent Nickel still loves his Treo and has some mobile financial tips. I didn't realize that Bank of America had a mobile site. That could come in handy.
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity has 8 personal finance lessons from Monopoly. Mmmm, passive income...
- No Credit Credit Needed writes about emergency funds.
- Free Money Finance has some tips for saving money on travel.
- Finally for some weekend fun, Mighty Bargain Hunter has points us to some amazing coin stacking pictures.
4 Responses to “Weekend Round-up: Red Sox Clinch Edition”
Next: Alternative Income Streams – October 2007 (One Year Recap)