Yesterday, I mentioned how the Red Sox season was flailing out of control - not unlike Mr. Hyde. Today, it's time for the opposite, Dr. Jekyll.
I've mentioned more than a few times that I'm a Patriots fan, despite all the shenanigans over the last couple of weeks. However, unlike the Red Sox, the Patriots are playing tremendous football.
How tremendous? Last week with the microscope on them, they did exactly what I said they'd do. They used the CameraGate experience as a rally point - the one ingredient the hugely talented team was missing. They quickly jumped out to a 24-0 half-time lead against what was considered to be one of the best teams in football, the San Deigo Chargers. In the post-game conference, the Chargers star LaDainian Tomlinson, was choking back tears. The Slate said, "Quite simply, no NFL team in recent memory has played a game as well from start to finish as New England did Sunday night." and "It's why, absent catastrophic injury, New England can win every football game it plays this season."
It's unheard of for me to be rooting for a team that unbiased national news sources have declared champions in just the second week of the season. It's a happy, happy, time for the Patriots fan in me. On to the links:
- The Digerati Life gives 12 great tips to beat inflation.
- Jeremy from Gen X Finance has been depressing me all week with some ways to transfer assets upon death.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter writes of a 500K typo. If only it were so easy to make a cool half million.
- Five Cent Nickel has his new cell phone on a very cheap Sprint Sero plan.
- Free Money Finance has a guest article on how to start your own business.
6 Responses to “Weekend Round-up: Jekyll and Hyde Edition – Part 2: Jekyll”
Next: Save Money on the Web