Here are a few articles that I liked this week:
- The Binary Dollar asks the age old question, is it better to Rent or Own. Matt mentions that owning a home is part of the "American Dream." Makes me wonder if terminology like that is leading people to take mortgages that they can't afford.
- Sun is a half millionaire. How he got there is a very uplifting story.
- Ben at MoneySmartLife has developed another business selling bargains that he's found on Ebay. I had never heard of Tuesday Morning, but there's one right down the street from me. I may stop by today.
- Jeremy at Generation X Finance finishes up his 24 Signs you Could be in Financial Trouble series.
- The Digerati Life has 5 interesting money facts. I probably would have turned down $500, $1000, $10,000, and $100,000 bills as counterfeit if I were offered them.
- Golbguru gets more than twice as much junk mail from Chase than other places. In just a few weeks they sent him 27 pieces of mail. Environmentalists should take it to Chase.
- I didn't realize that I missed Tax Freedom Day. Thanks to Five Cent Nickel for reminding me. It's all gravy from here on out - after rent, and car, and food... ugh.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter is thinking about getting a GPS system. I covered buying a GPS unit previously - it's one of the better purchases I've made.
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity has a Devil's Advocate post on why Adjustable Rate Mortgages are Awesome. I wouldn't get one or recommend one, but I know some people who did and actually did well before refinancing or moving.
- Free Money Finance asks whether it's better to spend your career at one place or whether it's best to switch jobs regularly. I think it depends on the career choice. As a software engineer, I think it's looked at as a good thing if you move around to different companies. It exposes you to new technologies making you more valuable.
One Response to “Weekend Personal Finance Review”
Next: Compound Interest Week: An Introduction