This past week I've been feeling like a chicken with my head caught off.
- I got a really interesting project at my day job... I'm focusing on delivering that.
- I had Red Sox - Oakland A's tickets all weekend long.
- With the start of the NFL season, I'm completely focused on football
- I'm going on vacation soon and I'm trying to prepare for that.
I'm not going to write about my work project. I prefer you don't poke their eyes out in boredom, so you can read future articles.
It turns out that I watched very few Red Sox games. Officially, I saw around two and half, but unofficially, I watched a lot of their AAA team, since the Red Sox are out of realistic contention.
The NFL season went as well as I could have asked with the Patriots winning and the Raiders losing (Patriots have their draft pick). Bonus points go to the Colts losing (the Patriots' biggest rival over the last decade). I'm very happy that NFL pundit Peter King picked the Patriots as the 2nd best team in football.
I don't think anyone cares about my vacation, so let's just give some personal finance links...
... but first Moneyed Up wants to give you $500. Go get some money!
- Brip Blap talks about how kids (can) make you poor.
- Digerati Life posts tax efficient investing for retirement.
- Frugal Dad goes over what to do when gifts cause a rift in your family.
- Generation X Finance writes Bundle rolls out new features: now you can track your own spending and create a budget.
- Million Dollar Journey asks is your life insurance policy about to implode?
- Money Smart Life presents balance transfer credit cards 101.
- My Dollar Plan asks are municipal bonds the next bubble?
- The Sun's Financial Diary goes over some techniques for thrifty home transformation.
Top PF Posts:
- Smarter Wallet provides some smart tips for budgeting your money.
- I'm not a big fan of Facebook. One of my biggest issues with it is their privacy... it seems like each week they have big problems in that arena. Fortunately Kiplinger's is here to give a visualization of Facebook privacy.
- Darwin's Finance shares fired over 2 cents. Where's the limit of reason?
- Bill Eater writes about how decluttering can save you money.
- One Frugal Girl discusses the sympathy tip: do you tip more in certain situations?
- My 1st Million at 33 blogs on the "fair price" for gold.
- Consumer Commentary on transaction account guarantee program.
- Grad Money Matters with 10 great ideas to earn a part time income.
- Dough Defender gives some tips before investing in a timeshare property.
- Buy Like Buffet on 3 sectors that would benefit from another stimulus bill.
- Ultimate Money Blog explains why being a homeowner sucks.
Next: Vacation from Blogging (and Personal Finance Links)