It's Martin Luther King day. For some that means you get the day off. Others have to work a normal day. Either way, it's worth reading up on some Martain Luther King Jr. history. When you are done with that catch up on some personal finance links.
- Jeremy doesn't like the idea of a 401k Debit Card. I'll have to ask him about how he feels about social security debit card.
- The Sun's Financial Diary found that Zecco has a horrible dividend reinvestment process.
- While we are airing our grievances, Money, Matter, and More Musings writes about a passport photo ripoff.
- The Digerati Life asks if you are depressed today? It's the biggest depressing day of the year (though I think the Martin Luther King factor makes it uplifting). It's really rainy here near San Francisco. If you are depressed she gives you some tips. You might also want to read an article I wrote, depression and me for more tips.
- Money Smart Life writes about a home office deduction for Ebay taxes. I will have to investigate this deduction since I work at home now almost exclusively now. As usual, I will visit my tax advisor before I do anything.
- No Credit Needed is doing a little baby shopping. I don't think I said it before, but I wish to offer him my congratulations.
- Free Money Finance has some ways to make money as a writer. He seems to make the distinction between blogging and writing. I hadn't really thought of them as separate things. Since I don't software engineering anymore, I don't typically say that I'm a blogger, but just a writer.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter wrote about discipline and personal finance. I go with a "simply adopting a broad frugal approach", rather than a disciplined one. The problem is that I have to really think about a purchase that than just consult my hard and fast budget. The good thing is that it's very little physcial work to adopt a broad frugal approach - and I'm Lazy.
- Jonathan Ryan wrote an article about budgeting. He doesn't write very often, but his site is a good one if you want to learn to be handy around the home. It will save you some money.
- I helped Peter from Money Management and You set up his blog this week. He's already got a couple of good articles on passive income.
- If you own a blog and are interested in such things, I wrote an article for the Prosper Blog about how I make money with Prosper.com. I want to note that I was writing about Prosper long before there was a referral program. In fact I used to write about them a lot more then than I do now.
4 Responses to “Weekend Links – Martin Luther King Day Edition”
Next: Net Worth Update – January 2008