Today, my wife and I drove 7 hours from nearly San Deigo back to our home in San Francisco. It got me thinking about the road trip in little Miss Sunshine where they take a Volkswagen Bus. If it weren't for the gas prices it would be fun to own a Volkswagen Bus. I'm not the only one who thinks so though.
Steve Speirs, the guy behind the the hundred pushups phenomenon really wants a VW Bus. He's trying to pull an Alex Tew, who started the Million Dollar Homepage. What makes this different? It's targeted towards one product and has an accompanying blog. I'm not sure if it's going to be successful, but I think that's an interesting twist. If I owned a VW dealership, I'd considering throwing a little money at the website. Or instead of trying to buy advertising, the person could simply enter the contest for free advertising, iTunes, and Amazon gift cards. Anyway, it's on to this week's links...
Articles from The Money Writers
- Are fuel efficient cars in your future? Watch for the MPG illusion at Digerati Life's blog.
- Generation X Finance presents from the front lines: changing your risk tolerance based on a bear market .
- Add wind to your portfolio with PowerShares Global Wind Energy ETF by Sun's Financial Diary is an informative post.
- Brip Blap writes I think she knows , a post based on the US economy, zombies, and the girl in the photo.
- True Credit review - how I use the credit score & credit report monitoring service from Money Smart Life offers many reasons to use this service to monitor your credit.
- Have you heard of Visa Infinite credit cards ? Million Dollar Journey writes up about the credit card and its bank derivatives.
- Looking for a new job? My Dollar Plan posts tips and strategies for after your Job interview . Tip two must be done, no matter what.
And from beyond The Money Writers:
- What is net worth? Consumer Commentary explains that and more in net worth competition: don't compare yourself with others .
- Free Money Finance looks at six problem areas to watch when buying a home .
- Four reasons to shop at farmer's markets by Blueprint for Financial Prosperity is a good read for those looking to support local businesses and save money.
One Response to “Weekend Links – I Want a Volkswagen Bus edition”
Next: A Brief Net Worth Update