Baseball can't get started soon enough for me. My interest in baseball grows with the lengthening of the day. It literally brightens my day and injects me with fresh motivation to get things done. While I work on those things here are some links.
- I encourage tenants and landlords out there to take this survey from Rentomatic. You can win $500. I have not been remunerated for this mention, I just truly believe in what the company is doing.
- The Digerati Life writes a definitive guide to identity theft. As she says, a credit freeze is always an option, but can be a costly one as you have to pay to freeze and unfreeze your credit.
- Ben from Money Smart Life learned quite a few sales tactics from a lawn salesman. I think we've all been through that before.
- Million Dollar Journey has a guest post about TFSA and RRSPs. I'm trying to learn a little more about how personal finance is different in Canada, so that I can better help my readers. However, I'm thinking about just giving up and sending them to FrugalTrader, he's better prepared.
- The Sun's Financial Diary rings in the news of $1,000 gold. I'd still rather own oil - something with a use that approximates the price of the product.
- Generation X Finance has a guest post on how to fight back against creditors. Though there are ten steps, I'd recommend a simple one to replace all ten - pay off your debt.
- Brip Blap writes about causes of failure. This post is about "lack of ambition". I hit this hard with my software engineering career. I realized it was never my goal to be the best software engineer.
- Free Money Finance writes about money and marriage. Like the 88% of men surveyed, I'm very happy with my wife having the breadwinner role. I'm hoping that over years, I can catch up.
- No Credit Needed manages his accounts just like I do. Once a month, I open up an Excel spreadsheet and all my whole finance "tag group" and simply transcribe numbers to figure out my net worth. It takes me about 15 minutes.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter wrote an interesting article about health care. I found out that writing about health care tends to garner very vocal comments. This post was no exception.
One Response to “Weekend Links – Baseball Season Soon Edition”
Next: Bear Sterns Sold For $2 a Share? Fed Drops Interest Rate…