Last week I tried an interesting experiment. I decided to not write at all and see what would happen. I expected the to sky to either rain frog or just fall and hit me on the head. Neither happened. It got me thinking, what are the consequences of not writing?
Losing Money? This didn't seem to be the case. One of the days was one of my top 5 or 10 income performing days of the year. Maybe after more than a week, I'd start to see some negative effects to the income from blogging. However, I'm not going to continue on with the experiment... I'd miss not writing too much.
As much as I'd miss the writing, I'd miss the interaction that I get with you, the reader. I paid twice as much attention to comments that I got during the time that I wasn't writing. Fortunately they weren't all comments on my MonaVie post (more than 4700 comments and counting). A lot of them said that they came from Smart Passive Income where Pat mentioned me via his Facebook page as helping out with traffic when he was getting started. I don't use what Bill Belichick calls "My Face" very often, so I would have missed it. Thanks Pat and those who came and commented.
I plan to continue with my usual writing schedule, but a minor announcement that I have set for tomorrow may impact that decision. To make my writing schedule seem even worse, I'm going to follow that up with a guest post. However, it is a good guest post... which is increasingly rare these days.
Until then, here are some personal finance links to tide you over:
- Brip Blap on how to deal with a financial crisis.
- Digerati Life wonders if you know what to consider before you cancel your credit cards?
- Frugal Dad asks do we have a right to line dry our clothes?
- Generation X Finance writes the lost decade of investing: was all really lost?
- Million Dollar Journey gives a primer on corporate bonds "“ II (credit risk).
- Money Smart Life presents waterproofing your basement against costly damage.
- My Dollar Plan shares financial management for newlyweds.
- The Sun's Financial Diary says U.S. poverty rate reaches 15 year high.
Top PF Posts:
- Smarter Wallet asks can you start an internet business with no money down?
- Free Money Finance with a $1 gold coin update.
- Get Rich Slowly shares a story about entrepreneurs in kids these days.
- Frugal For Life reviews handmade bar soap vs commercial bar soap.
- My Wealth Builder posts why to not work in retirement.
- Hundred Goal$ says loaning money is stupid .
- Canada Personal Finance Website asks what is employment insurance (EI)?
- Money Reasons examines minimalist vs misers, money fight match-up #2.
- Darwin's Finance says fantasy football can get you fired "“ score!
- Saving to Inve$t offers up 10 ways to boost your retirement savings starting now.
- Frugal Village with tips to make eating at home easier.
7 Responses to “Vacation from Blogging (and Personal Finance Links)”
Next: On Vacation for the Next Two Weeks (but posts should continue)