With the wife out town for what seems to be the 745th straight day, Jake (my new puppy) and I had a weekend of sitting around in a pool of our own slobber. I did nothing and it was everything that I hoped and dreamed it would be. Office Space is right, you don’t need a million dollars to sit around and do nothing.
It’s probably not true that I didn’t do anything. I did watch Midnight Madness, which is a movie you probably aren’t familar with. It’s Michael J. Fox’ first movie and the second Disney movie to earn a PG status. Other than that, it’s a fun scavenger hunt-type movie game. Part of the reason, I got it was that I was amazed it had been converted to DVD format. It’s a strange world where you can get Midnight Madness on DVD and not The State or a legal version of the John Larroquette Show.
I also worked a little on a new venture that I’ve been talking about for 18 months. If it ever gets off the ground, I’ll be sure to let you know.
Anyway, let’s move on to the personal finance links…
- Brip Blap discusses making a choice and moving on.
- Frugal Dad posts what is a good FICO Score good for?
- Here’s a look into how to handle tremendous investment losses over at Generation X Finance.
- Million Dollar Journey presents 6 ways to lower your phone bill.
- Digerati Life compiles a list on where to get free stuff online: 9 sites for freebies, product samples, and coupons.
- Money Smart Life writes getting things done without doing any of the work.
- My Dollar Plan comes to the final decision on downsizing and the results may surprise you.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary takes a look at collecting in: my old credit cards.
Additional Financial Posts: