I'm stealing Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback schtick today. I don't think he'll mind... probably be a little flattered.
- I think the Fourth of July was more than hot dogs and dog contests. It was a good time to reflect on the freedoms of the United States... such as not being arrested for blogging a negative restaurant review. That said, turning back to dog contents, it's a good feeling whenever your dog takes home first place in anything.
- I think this will be a light week for publishing articles. I think I'm going to spend some quality time enjoying the weather - perhaps getting some extensive swimming in. Everyone is on vacation anyway, right?
- I think my wife is hoarding episodes of Hoarders. In related news, I found myself extra motivated to clean the kitchen and some of the crap that I've had lying around the house.
- I think if you liked Goonies or Stand By Me, you'll like Super 8. Without giving away too much of the movie, it had a feel of both those movies along with E.T. and and a couple of Jurassic Park moments thrown in.
- I think that Marcus Cannon set the new standard for toughest man alive. You've heard those jokes about how tough Chuck Norris is... well Patriots new draftee Marcus Cannon uses him as his bathroom tissue. The Dallas Fort-Worth Telegram caught up with him this week. Marcus Cannon was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system, just before the NFL Draft. He finished up his last chemo treatment this week. How did the treatments go? Cannon had nausea only once, the day after his first treatment. He didn't lose his hair. He didn't lose weight. He lifts weights at the gym three times a week and can still bench 315 pounds. After his third chemo treatment, he went for a swim and played basketball.
- I think I had a great conversation with Eddie Morales from Bills.com about debt and all various professional services that work to help people get out of it. It was getting a crash course in rocket science or brain surgery... my head was spinning just trying to observe everything.
- I think that Men of a Certain Age on TNT is probably the best hidden gem on television since Firefly. I sometimes have difficulty identifying with one character of a show, and it has three that I can see bits of myself in.
- I think that Redboxing MegaMind is a good value for a dollar. The first 20-30 minutes reminded me of Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.
- I think I'm going to be writing about the HP Touchpad later this week. I have a couple of ideas on how to put a personal finance spin on it.
- I think that finding a 16 ounces of almond butter that we got at Costco for around $5.50 was a pleasant surprise. We've been trying to integrate a few small dietary changes for better health elsewhere almond butter was upwards of $10 for 12 ounces.
Now for the personal finance links:
- Brip Blap is reconceptualizing education.
- Digerati Life on how to find & work with the ideal real estate agent.
- Frugal Dad posts first retire, then have kids.
- Generation X Finances explains the art and science of dumpster diving.
- Learn how key stock ratios work at Million Dollar Journey.
- Money Smart Life discusses prenups & beyond: 6 tips for money and divorce.
- My Dollar Plan asks how do you combat spending anxiety?
- The Sun’s Financial Diary warns beware the lure of zero percent financing deals.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance says save money on groceries by shopping on Wednesday.
- The Smarter Wallet writes respect your budget. See how small things add up.
- My Journey to Millions blogs congressional insider trading is not illegal…YET.
- One Frugal Girl says sometimes fate chooses for you.
- Free Money Wisdom shares 4 things I learned as a grocery bag boy.
- Dough Roller posts about an easy way to pay off your mortgage early.
- PT Money looks at self-employment: one year later.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter says don’t settle for $1 per hour. Please!
- Start where you are writes Saving Advice.
5 Responses to “Ten Things I Think I Think (and Personal Finance Links)”
Next: Taking Advantage of Fleming’s Steak House